꧁56꧂

"There is no way you caught that! Your cheating!" James shouted with a wide smirk as Leta caught yet another quaffle. "I gave you the shittest broom I had!" He continued which made a smug smirk grown on Leta face.

"Come down now! It's getting dark!" Euphemia shouted at the couple, standing at the back door with a candle in her hand. They flew down and put the brooms away before going back in.

"We are going on a walk Mum." James told his mother as he took Leta's hand and dragged her to the front door. "More exercise!" She complained as she dragged her feet along behind her. James rolled his eyes before waving to his mother and walking with his girlfriend down the road.

They walked hand in hand down the winding path in a forest behind his house. Sticks cracked behind them as they walked and James tried not to flinch in front of Leta who didn't even look behind her.

"Do you not flinch or something?" James asked as he looked back at the empty path. She shook her head as she continued looking straight. "Do you want me to be like-" She then jumped into his arms so he was carrying her bridal-style. "Save me James! Save me!" She shouted in a high pitched voice and hand on her forehead, leaning back dramatically.

"Well there is a positive for me holding up like this." He said, a smirk growing on his face which Leta didn't like the look of. He then moved his arms, dropping her onto the mud path bellow. "James Potter you better run!" She shouted as she got up, running after her boyfriend.

She was able to grab his shirt which pulled him back but made him fall into a freezing lake beside them, and in this time he dragged Leta down too. "You are so-"

James cut her of by pressing his lips against hers as she ran her fingers through his hair. "Leta?" Quickly, she pushed James under the water to hide him and looked in the direction of where her name was called.

"Ah Mum." She said loudly, hoping James heard her which he did. "What are you doing in there?" Amata asked, still in her ball gown as she had just gotten back. "I got hot." She replied quickly, stuttering slightly.

"You know what creatures are in there right?" As soon as she said that she felt James tug on her leg urgently. "Yes mother now go in, it's cold." She said hurrying her mother away.

With a confused look, Amara walked back to the Lestrange estate. "Good heaven Leta! What are you doing in there?" Corvus asked, looking down at the soaked down. "Mother asked for you." She lied, pointing in the direction of Amara which made him hurry off.

She then kicked James to indicate that they are gone and he swam back up, breathing heavily. "I'm sorry. Actually I'm not. It was kinda funny." She said, walking out of the lake with James close behind, shaking his head to dry his hair which hit Leta.

She then rolled her eyes once more before putting her arms around his neck and kissing his lips which was beginning to warm up from being out the cold water. James then picked up her legs so they were wrapped around his waist.

"James, I need to go." Leta whispered when they finally broke the kiss for breaths. James ignored her and kissed her again. "Come on now." She chuckled, pushing him of.

"Why can't I kiss your lips forever?" He asked, looking at her longingly. "And why can't I replay the time I punched you in the face." She smirked before giving him a small kiss on the cheek and walking off.

James stood in the middle of the path, soaked through, watching Leta hurry down the path which incidentally led to her house.

"Mate, I think I-"

"No, no Prongs." Sirius said, interrupting him and shaking his head. "Look, I need to talk to you." Sirius then repositioned himself across from James on his bed.

"What happened to Lily?" He asked which made James huff. "I doesn't matter about-"

"But it does James." Sirius interrupted him once again, moving closer to him and putting his hand on his shoulder. "Let's face it, Leta will end up marry some pure-blood and that will completely destroy you and I don't want to see that."

James furrowed his brows at his best friend. "She won't leave her family for you, she loves them too much. But Lily. You have a clear future with her." James sighed and looked down at the floor and Sirius began to pat his shoulder.

"James please. I don't want to see you hurt." He finished, looking at the boy with a sympathetic look. "Please." He said one last time before standing up and leaving, walking to his room across the hall.

James sat in the darkness of his room, his pillow held up to his chest ad he sat up on his bed. He began running through memories he had with Lily and then Leta, feeling himself smile when he thought about their first kiss.

But Sirius was right. She loves her family too much and he can't put her in the situation where she chooses her or her family. It could never work more then a secret relationship and he didn't want that. He wanted marriage, children and a small house by his parents not sneaking around and hiding in lakes.