꧁57꧂

Leta skipped down the stairs that morning to the kitchen. "Someone is happy today." Minette said with a smile as she put her plate by the sink. Leta shrugged before getting a bowl of cereal.

"Leta, I need to talk to you." Amara stood in the doorway to the massive kitchen with that days mail in her hand and a serious look on her face. Leta didn't like her mother's face or tone of voice so she followed her.

They walked in complete silence until they got to the study, closing the doors after checking if anyone was near. "Leta," She began, fiddling with the letters in her hand. "You need to thank me. What if your father got a hold of this letter?" She asked, trying to be quite.

"I know about you and James Potter." She sighed as her daughter was struck with horror. "Please don't disown me-"

"Leta, I get it." She sat in calm voice, sitting her down on a chair. "The same thing happened to me." She then put the letter on a table beside her.

"I know from this letter and you should probably read it." Amata sighed as she handed her daughter an opened letter. She pulled up the letter and unfolded it. For the first time in years, tears began to swell up in her eyes as she scanned the page.

                                      ༒
Dear Leta,

I'm really sorry but there is no future for us and I know we will both be a lot happier apart. I wish you with a husband who care for you and who you can grow old with, someone who will satisfy the family. I never want to put you in a situation where you had to pick me if you family so I have made the decision for you.

From James.

                                      ༒
Leta broke down. Collapsing on the floor and gripping her hair as tears ran from her eyes and flooded the wood floor beneath her. Amata hurried down to her daughter's side, rubbing her back and pushing hair out her face.

"I loved him." Leta muttered. "I loved him!" She shouted, gripping onto her mother's dress and sobbing into it. Minette heard her sisters shouts and hurried into the study. She stood still in shock.

After all these years of crying over nothing since Corvus was disowned, she had broke and was now crying a river as she gripped onto her mother who tried to comfort her. "He did the tight decision honey." Amata whispered, lifting up her daughter's face and wiping the tears which rolled down her red cheeks.

"I had to make that decision and was the hardest one I had ever done in my life. I'm glad you never have to make the decision." She continued to whisper as Minette knelt beside her sister and pulled hair off her cheeks Wuxi it stuck to.

                                       ༒
Leta sat alone in her room for the rest of the day, not even going down for meals. Tinky ,the house elf, brought her some bread up which would of been the house elf's dinner but she offered it because Corvus had ordered the food to be cleared up if she wasn't coming down.

"No Tinky. You eat it." Leta sniffled, pushing the bread back at the elf. "You work so hard all day." She added with a smile which made the elf nod and cram the bread into her mouth because she was starving.

"Tinky can sit up here with Master Leta." She said weakly. "It's okay. I'm sure you have a lot to do." Leta replied, shaking her head slightly
Tinky then got up and made her way to the door which towered above her. "Oh Tinky." The small elf looks back. "Please just call me Leta."

                                           ༒
"So when is Leta coming around again?" Euphemia asked with a smile as she served dinner. James let out a sigh which made Sirius glance at him. "There is no more Leta." He said, a slight bit of saddens in his voice.

"You didn't kill her did you?" Fleamont asked with an actual concerned look. "I wish." Sirius muttered as he put a fork full of chicken to his mouth, Euphemia hitting his and gently for his comment.

"I really wanted to prove to people that we could work but I was blinded by-"

"Love?" Fleamont asked, finishing off his son's sentence. "Yeah." James said finally, looking down at his plate. Fleamont and Euphemia shared a look before turning to Sirius who was cramming as such food into his mouth before smiling at them with full cheeks.

                                       ༒
Leta had spent the rest of her summer in her room mostly, occasionally going for a walk in the garden when the weather allowed up. She often sat by the statue of the weeping angel, running her fingers across her and Regulus's initials which made her burst into tears again.

"Great. I cry once and I opened a flood gate." She muttered to herself as she dried her eyes with her shirt and sniffing up before heading back inside where she was greeted by Tinky

                                      ༒
Sorry about this chapter. Also I need to say that I still love you Sirius even after this. Hope you are all enjoying the story. Thank you so much for over 30K reads which is absolutely crazy.

Emma xxx