𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐱𝐢 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫

The thee of them accompanied by MR met up again to have dinner, the chunk of krayt dragon finally cooked to perfection

The thee of them accompanied by MR met up again to have dinner, the chunk of krayt dragon finally cooked to perfection. Asora, Mando and Grogu sat and watched patiently as the meat was cooking, waiting for Peli to return from her trip to dig to join them for dinner.

Peli had previously left to go and rendezvous with the contact who had information on other Mandalorians, and when she returned, she called over at the droid turning the meat.

"Hey, don't overcook it, Treadwell. I like it medium rare! I'm not some Rodian, for crying out loud." Peli wagged her finger disapprovingly at the droid as she approached both Mando and Asora, the two awkwardly standing next to each other, the air changing from awkward to boisterous as Peli approached.

"All right, here's the deal. A Mandalorian covert is close. It's in this sector, one system trailing." Peli informed as she turned towards the Mandalorian, her glossy eyes trailing over the cooking krayt dragon meat then towards Mando, meeting the Mandalorian's eyes as she spoke.

"Are they the ones that left Nevarro?" the Mandalorian inquired as he shifted his gaze down towards Peli curiously.

"Don't know. All I know is that the contact will lead you to them." Peli nodded towards Mando as she spoke, her hands raised to her hips as she waited a moment for him to respond.

"How much will it cost me?"

"Well, that's the great news. It's free. Aside from a finder's fee, of course." Peli beamed, the deal seeming too good to be true, Asora quirked her brow at the statement, what was the bad news if that was the great news?

"What's the not great news?" 

"Nothing. Its all great." Peli insisted, the Mandalorian to nod in response, "Okay." He acknowledged as he turned to move.

"However, there is one small skank in the scud pie." Peli chimed awkwardly, looking over towards the armour clad man for a moment before she continued.

"Which is?"

"The contact wants passage to the system." Peli raised her hands in defence for a moment, almost to ensure the Mandalorian knew this wasn't her fault and that this was just business.

"Do you vouch for them?" Mando inquired, leaning down to gauge her response.

"On my life." She insisted eagerly, nodding to herself as she spoke.

"Fine." Mando agreed, turning towards the fire and Gorgu before she could continue.

"And... No hyperdrive."

"You want me to travel sublight? Deal's off." The Mandalorian disagreed, shaking his head as he looked down at the frizzy haired woman. No way was he travelling sub light, especially with the empire after him and the kid.

"It's one sector over." Peli insisted,

"Moving fast is the only thing keeping us safe." Mando defended, gesturing towards himself, Asora and Grogu, his voice firm and rough as he spoke.