40

NAMJOON POV

I slowly approached the phone, and it was lit up in the dim kitchen. I looked around to see if anyone was here, and I sighed before looking at the phone, a notification popping up at the home screen.

2 new messages

XXXX

I see, don't let anyone know, this is between you and me.

I'll do my best to help you, and you help me.

My eyes widened as I scanned the messages. I didn't want to unlock it because it had a lock on it, so I only stared at the notification that was displayed, before it slowly dimmed the screen.

"Namjoon?" A voice called and my eyes widened as I looked at the person infront of me, coming towards me with a plate on their hands.

"Oh... hey," I replied as I tugged up the sweetest smile, looking at the person as if nothing happened.

"What are you doing here, Namjoon? You're supposed to be with your father," the figure replied and I scratched the back of my nape before walking towards her, and my hands went to the plate before taking it away from her.

"Ah, I was... going to help you, mother. Do you want me to help?" I ask her and she looks at me blankly.

"...sure, go to your father and give this to him. Also, make sure you talk with him a lot, he wants to make sure he spends lots of father-son bonding with you," she replied and I nodded before turning my heel and making my way back to the dining room.

YEOSANG POV

"J-Jungkook!" I squeaked as I looked at him.

He stood there, his eyes widened. He froze as he looked at the sight in front of him. There were papers flying around and he clenched his jaw as he tried to process what was happening.

He then stomped towards us, and he grabbed me harshly...

...before throwing me to the other side of the wall.

"What do you think you're doing?! Picking a fight with the intern and not to mention you were fighting in the room where only the CEO can enter?! Have you lost your mind?!" Jungkook yelled as he let Hoseok stand up.

"W-wait, J-Jungkook! Let me explain! Ho-"

"Actually Jungkook, that boy has always been targetting me lately. He seemed really mad whenever he looks at me, I think he just got carried away, don't shout at him like that," Hoseok replied, as if he wasn't smiling like an evil shit a minute ago.

"Is this true? Yeosang... is this... true?" Jungkook asked, clenching his fists as he looks at me dead in the eye, the intern behind him looking innocent.

"Afterall, he did try to steal the files. You don't have to waste your time and effort on such a two-faced man," Hoseok said.

"N-no! Jungkook he's lying! He was the one that got in here and tried to take the files! He's making this all up!" I retorted as I looked at him.

"There is a surveillance camera outside, but not inside this room. The reason why there is no camera here is so that no one can see the contents of the files while the CEO is inside the room. We'll see who's lying. But at this moment Yeosang, I don't think I trust you, are you the one.... lying to me?" Jungkook asked as he fixed his glasses, looking at me.

"Jungkook! It's all in your head! He's trying to get you to believe all that!" I replied as he stares at me coldly, and my hearts pounds loudly as I stared at him who showed no remorse in throwing me against the wall.