Chapter XXXIV.

The Wolfgangs were always winners in life

The Wolfgangs were always winners in life. It all started with a simple board game that Augustus's beyond great-grandpa invented back in the 1920s. It wasn't a monopoly, but people loved it, most of all young children loved it. That very summer the board game was created, the game hit the sore and children were begging their parents to buy the game all over the world.

Augustus's grandpa only had fifteen dollars in his name, and within the next three months, Gregory Wolfgang became a very rich man instantly. Creating game after game, increasing his wealth and his name that becomes infamous through time. Winning was everything to the Wolfgangs. Some of them were sore losers, some of them were cocky winners, and some worked hard but kept silent. Augustus was the work hard but celebrated in silence, his father, Augustus Senior was a cocky winner, and that annoyed Augustus all the time because he flaunted everything.

There were annual family games between each company every year. Augustus had no one to take part unless it was Shania who didn't count at all so they couldn't participate. Only people who had Wolfgang as their last name. Now, he has three more people in his life with his last name so things really changed for him.

Salma watched her husband pace with excitement in front of their kid. "This year, it's.. it's big. This is the first time in years that the Wolfgangs are taking part in the annual Witherson's Outdoor Family Game Event." Augustus beamed and he clapped his hands then he stopped. "I'm so happy. I didn't have any family to participate in the years. My mother is too lazy and Shania wasn't a Wolfgang so I couldn't participate then but now I have a beautiful wife and two precious boys to compete... wow... so we're doing this and we're going to win everything." Augustus stated and Mickey started clapping and screaming as he jumped up and down, sharing his same excitement as Augustus. Dowen was honestly not as excited about the event as they were but he was willing to participate if he felt like it. Dowen scratched the back of his neck. "Um Daddy, I'm not good at games." Dowen says and Augustus stops celebrating with Mickey and he looks at his older son.

Augustus smiles softly and he rubs Dowen's head, stroking his hair a little. "It's okay if you're not good, I was just kidding about winning, I don't really care about winning.. I just want us all to be there having a good time as Wolfgangs." Augustus assured Dowen and Dowen smiled. "Oh okay... I was a little scared because I don't want to be the reason we lose." Dowen mumbled and Salma rubbed Dowen's back. "Dowie.. it's going to be okay, we don't care if you win or lose. We just care that you have fun." Salma tells him and Augustus grabs the matching headbands each of them are wearing. "We have matching headbands and shirts so people know exactly who we are." Augustus says as he helps put each headband on the loves of his life.

Salma adjusted her headband as it kept her Afro back and Dowen looks at his reflection through the dining room table. "Daddy, I like this." Dowen says because his has Wolfgang on it but it has Dowen's American and Korean name engraved on the headband. "Han Seo Yoon." Dowen read out the Korean letters and Dowen didn't know how to even express how he felt so he hugs Augustus's leg. "I like my headband, it's so cool!" Dowen marveled and Augustus chuckled but he was in a bit of shock at how much Dowen was excited because he never got excited about such things or mostly anything these days.