• 163 •

Goro leapt out the window, landing quietly on the stone pavement that led out to the backyard garden. He glanced around, hearing the distant fighting noises and he clicked his tongue. 

The light rain and cloudy night sky shielded Goro from the lights, and all he had to do was make his way around the chaos. He did not want to get noticed by his enemies who were fighting off his subordinates around the vicinity. 

He could care less what happens to his subordinates. 

He only had one priority in his mind right now. 

I need to return and inform the Master of the situation. 

I am probably not safe here anymore. 

“Hahaha! Yun was right again after all!” 

Goro twitched, hearing a familiar voice that infuriated him. 

The voice that belongs to the person that always interfered with his Master’s grand plans. The one who was causing his Master to lose his precious resources bit by bit. 

Haru and Yun stepped out from the shadows, the stone lanterns around the garden revealing them. 

Haru had a proud grin on his face, his feet stepping on a stone statue that decorated the garden. Whereas, Yun stood beside Haru with his arms crossed. 

“Ephert wouldn’t simply leave Goro here without any plans,” Yun stated. “Seeing the weird weapons they used from earlier, it’s just a precaution I took since Xue and Cecil would not be able to keep up their guard constantly.” 

Yun knew K’xug and Hana were enough to handle the guards themselves, since one of them was overwhelming in strength. 

Goro gritted his teeth, taking out his claymore. 

At the same time, Yun whipped out his fan and Haru cracked his knuckles. 

“Two against one,” Goro barked out. “Where is your dignity as a fighter?” 

Haru snorted. 

Yun closed his eyes, shaking his head. 

“Dignity?” Haru grinned further. “Kiyae was right to call you a red-haired idiot.” 

“We are pirates just like your master made us to be,” Yun adjusted his glasses. “Playing dirty is what pirates do, no?” 

“Bullshit! It’s all just an act anyway!” Goro snarled in response, clenching his jaw. “You just act as pirates to steal the people that were sent here for Master!” 

Haru dropped his smile. 

Yun wore a solemn look. 

“Sent here? For that disgusting prick?” Haru clenched his fists, his voice low. “They were all tricked to come here, to fulfill their dreams and to be kidnapped to be used as slaves.” 

“Captain.” 

“Stand back, Yun,” Haru growled out. “I’ll fight him on my own.” 

Yun glanced to Haru, seeing the anger unbridled in his orange eyes.

It was unlike the carefree Haru image everyone was used to seeing. 

Yun closed his eyes, taking a step back. 

That’s right, among all of us…

Our captain, Haru, is the one who suffered the most. 

Yun smiled. 

“Beat him up good, Haru.” 

Haru looked at Yun, a smirk on his face as he coated his fists in a bright orange flame, similar to the colour of his eyes. “You don’t need to tell me twice.”