No one insults his mate

⚠️ Disclaimer: ⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
After my and Marcus's very intimate moment, we left his office and went downstairs to the dining hall where the guests were standing around, eating, drinking and socialising.
"I need to speak with my Gamma regarding some pack business, I'll meet up with you in a minute, in the meantime, go check in your family," Marcus said as he gently squeezed my arm and nudged me forward.

"Do I tell them I found my mate?" I asked cautiously.
"Uh no. I'll tell them. Now scurry along," he said with a smile.
"Scurry? Am I a mouse?" I teased.
Marcus chuckled and pressed a kiss to my forehead.
"Even if you are, you're my mouse," he said.
"Alright I'll leave now. Squeak squeak," I giggled and ran off leaving Marcus shaking his head and laughing to himself.

I had no trouble locating everyone. I found them using their scents. Dad smelled of Garden Sage and apples, Mother smelled of raspberry and tangerine. Alec was Peppermint, Natalie was Rose Oil, Lydia was Rose Geranium and Lavender, Garrett, lemon and mint, Bria was Plumeria blossoms and Lana was Pink Lilacs and Vanilla.
Sure it was difficult to track all those scents, but since my sense of smell was stronger, I found them with no trouble at all.

I walked up to where Dad stood with Mother, Alec, Natalie, Garrett and Lydia. They were eating some expensive looking hor d' oeuvres and drinking martinis and just talking.
"Daddy I'm back," I said. Everyone stopped talking and turned to face me, Mother, Alec and Natalie scowled and turned away, Garrett and Lydia looked happy to see me and dad offered me a martini.

"Would you like a taste of the hor d'oeuvres Artemis!" he asked offering plate to me, I looked down and saw that the hor d'oeuvres were Salami Egg Canapés. A delicacy that was served in Romania for elite parties, receptions and ceremonies.

It was made of eggs, mayo, Dijon mustard, cornichones, herbs, and it was blended together in the most amazing paste and spread on dark German whole wheat bread with the crusts cut off. I never tasted them, but I've served them at enough parties to know. I was just about to take one when mother took the plate and rested it on the table and glared at me.

"You may have gotten your title back, but that does not mean you'll act like you're something great! You're still an omega, and you always will be," she said nastily. I winced at her words and stepped away.
"Fine. I'll just go somewhere else then. I won't ruin your evening Mother," I said meekly as I looked down at my feet.

"Forget about the evening, you ruined my life!"
Winching with the slap of her cruel words, I turned and walked quickly out of the room, tears falling down my face. I reached outside via the back exit and leaned against the light ridden water fountain.

I covered my mouth and sobbed. Not because of the harshness of Mother's words, but because of her words itself.
"Artemis what's wrong?"
I looked up and saw Bria and Lana standing next to the fountain, worried expressions on their faces.
I turned my face away and wiped my eyes, which were probably looking so blotchy and ugly thanks to my tears, making my mascara run.

"Your parents, Natalie or Alec. Which one was it?" Bria asked angrily. "Which one of them degraded you? Was it your father? What did he tell you?" I turned quickly around forgetting about my mascara and runny eyes.
"Daddy didn't do or say anything to me. He was nice to me, it was Mother. She told me that even though I had my title I wasn't anything more than an omega," I wailed.

Bria and Lana gasped and grabbed me by my arms and pulled me into a hug.
"È come se non riuscissi aprenderti una pausa! Perché tua madre deve essere così tossica ?!"
(It's like you can't catch a break! Why does your mother have to be so toxic?!) Bria asked half sad half angry.

"Non lo so, non è mai stata così, quando ero un cucciolo era così dolce e amorevole. Poi si è trasformata in un mostro quando mi sono spostato per la prima volta,"
(I don't know, she was never like this, when I was a pup she was so sweet and loving. Then she turned into a monster when I shifted for the first time) I said miserably.

"Quando troverai il tuo compagno, questo incubo sarà finito. Prego la dea che tu lo trovi. Ti proteggerà, ti amerà e ti amerà per quello che sei piuttosto che per quello che sei,"
(When you find your mate, this nightmare will be over. I pray to the Goddess that you find him. He'll protect you, he'll love you and he'll cherish you for who you are rather than what you are) Lana said soothingly as she stroked my hair.

"Let's go back inside, Garrett just mindlinked me, he said Alpha Marcus is here," Bria said suddenly.
"Let's go then," Lana said as she took out some wipes and wiped my face of the smeared mascara.
When my face was clean, she reapplied mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss. Satisfied that I was looking better, she and Bria linked our arms together and we strolled back inside.

When we arrived where my parents were, Natalie saw me coming and waved me over.
"Artemis! Over here, come on little sister, Alpha Marcus is here," she said enthusiastically.
"What the hell? Somebody hold me back before I beat this bitch!" Caroline growled.
As we approached Mother placed a hand on my arm and brought me over to Alpha Marcus with a smile that was faker than all the Barbie dolls in America.

"Alpha Marcus this is my daughter Artemis, say hi to Alpha Marcus darling," she said.
"Darling? Since when do you call me darling Mother?" I asked monotonously.
Mother appeared stunned. I figure she was under the impression I would fake and pretend to be the perfect daughter on front of Alpha Marcus. Sorry scratch that. In front of my mate. But they didn't have to know that-yet 😈

"It's a pleasure to meet you Alpha Marcus," I said sweetly as I put my hand out for him to kiss. Marcus smirked. He knew exactly what I was doing. So he played along. He took my hand and kissed it, not bothering to hide the seductive looks he sent me. Everyone, especially Mother and Natalie, were shocked at my bold behaviour towards Marcus.
"Ooh can we show off our mate? Pretty please, you can at least allow me this simple pleasure can't you?" Caroline asked gleefully.

"Fine. Let's play your game for once," I said rolling my eyes.
"By the way Alpha Marcus, that is a very impressive suit, might I ask where you bought it from?" I asked as I pulled on my dress strap.
"I got it from Romania," he replied as he hungrily eyed my exposed shoulder.
"You've got good taste," I purred as I took a marshmallow from a tray and popped it into my mouth.

"Enough of this teasing, time to show you off my little mouse," Marcus said as he grabbed my waist and brought me against his chest in a seemingly rough manner. Then he buried his face in my neck and inhaled deeply.
"You little whore!" Alec hissed abrasively. "Look at you, flaunting yourself for Marcus. Shameful girl!"

Suddenly Marcus's grip loosened on my waist and he growled loudly attracting the attention of several pack members.
He moved away from me and advanced upon Alec, making him shrink back in fear.
"Hie dare you insult her?! Do you know who she is?!" Marcus shouted.
"My sister," Alec said scornfully even though he was the one cowering in front of Marcus.

"She's not only your sister, she's my mate! And you just insulted her!"
At this everyone grew deathly silent. Alec's face grew ashen white, Mother's mouth dropped open and father raised an eyebrow. Garrett, Lydia, Bria and Lana inhaled sharply and Natalie, Natalie fainted.

Author's note: oh my guacamole!!! Clearly Alec has a death wish he insulted Marcus's mate?! I guess we can all guess what's going to happen next. Everyone knows what happens when someone insults another wolf's mate.
Shit's about to get real!!!!!
😈♥️💯⚠️