23: Barbeque kinda date

ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ

~

You were outside of the barbeque store waiting for Iwaizumi to come, why are you there? Let me gave you a rewind. [It's YouTube Rewind Time] Before the practice match with Aoba Josai, Iwaizumi promise to treat you to barbeque if you take the tailsman to the match as per your grandmother's request.

 You did bring the tailsman to the match and have a guaranteed meal of barbeque as a reward, you kinda forgot about it because of your school works and the daily team practice too. Iwaizumi thought the money vacuum event has already forgotten, but oh he was wrong, some meat ads destroy his expectation.

When you saw the meat ads, your mind suddenly pushes the deal between you and Iwaizumi on to the surface. You text Iwaizumi about meeting at your favorite barbeque place if he doesn't come, you will eat and wait for him to pay your bills. 

You were dressed up in normal clothes, nothing so extravagant that will turn one's head or stop their tracks to look at you or anything. You were in a big hoodie with jeans, you wear that style whenever you hang out with your friends if you have a friend of course.

You like baggy clothes because no one can judge your body type because they didn't saw your body type, and you don't want to be called a slut. You have been called out by that nasty nickname before so after that, you decided to wear more to hide your bodies from other's gaze to avoid being called that again.

Your hair was in a low ponytail since always being on a high ponytail will hurt your hair scalp and make your forehead even larger, you sigh as you take your eyes off your phone and look around the street to look for the black-haired. 

Your mind is debating whether or not to go inside, since standing outside a store for so long seems weird and you're feeling nerve-wracking with people's unintentionally gaze on you. You are still waiting for him because that threat is a hoax and you aren't that mean to make people pay for your meal.

Where is he? Did he have an accident while coming here? I hope he is alright.

You have a trait of overthinking about something, for example, how your classmates view you? or do your teammates think you are a burden? Although your mouth said you didn't care about their viewpoint but secretly you still care about your image for a bit. 

You put your phone in the jacket's pocket since you played with your handphone for a long time causing your phone battery is low, you keep some battery left so your grandmother can contact you when she is in need. Your eyes dart around the neon lights street, seeing couples hand in hand and enjoying each other presence just makes you feel annoyed for some reason.

Can't they show their lovey-dovey in private? Is too flashy for the single one.

You lowly laugh at yourself and look down at your shoes for getting mad at someone who has the right to show their love to the world and doesn't need criticism for their relationship. You hear loud footsteps coming your way, but didn't raise your head and still playing with your shoes since you knew that it was just a random passerby.

But the stomping stops its track and from the corner of your eyes, you could saw a pair of blue sneakers. You raise your head to the person wishing that is Iwaizumi, if they aren't him then you will lower your head as you did for the past hours. 

To your surprise, they are the man you have been waiting for all your life, um, correction for the past few hours. He was dressed in a white shirt cover with those typical blue jacket that you have seen in movies or teen drama and a black skin-tight jean to top it all off.

"Sorry... Have you... wait a long time?" Is this guy serious, you can believe what you're hearing right now. It was been hours since you send the text messages and he asks if you have been waiting for a long time. 

"Check the time I send the text message to you and compared it to the time now. Go figure that out, Sherlock." You huff out in anger and open the door to the restaurant harshly, he watches your back thinking to himself that you had changed, but it's all on him to blame.

..

"Five plates of pork and five plates of chicken, please. The drinks will be water. Thank you." You said as you handed the menu back to the waiter after she gave it to you. "O-okay." The waiter said shockingly and she hurries to the back of the kitchen. 

You rolled up your sleeves and tie your hair into a bun, you forgot that the inside of the restaurant was that hot, now you kinda regret wearing such huge and stuffy clothes. While Iwaizumi on the other hand is having a mental crisis, realize that all of his allowances will be gone today.

In the restaurant loudness and grizzled sounds filled the air while your table is the only one who didn't communicate with each other, you tap your finger on the table as you wait for the meat to come out. 

"So, how are you recently?" Iwaizumi asks you to break the awkward silence between you both, your eyes are still facing the kitchen door while answering him with a simple word fine. "So... um, have a boyfriend yet?" He tries to strike up a conversation the second time, you turn to him feeling annoyed.

"Why are you asking me about that? You have Ryoko as your girlfriend isn't it?" Your brows deepen as you mention the name Ryoko, she was a senior in your middle school and you once treat her as a friend until she backstabs you.

"We broke off a long time ago." Your eyes raise a bit in surprise but then again, you think about Ryoko's personality it wasn't so surprising, she likes to change her boyfriend like a limited-time bag. But when you think back about how low she could go just to be with him, you can't help but to chuckles at how she changes her mind.

"It's for the better, pft." You said while laughing as you pat his hand as a sign of comfort. "I see you have lost weight over the years." Your laugh dies down as you heard what he just said, you glare at him before replying. "Yeah, I take your talk behind my back as advice."

The air between you and become awkward yet again as you drop the truth bomb down to the table, your eyes turn back to the kitchen door just like before. Your eyes light up as the waiter finally brings plates of meat out from the kitchen, you sit uptight as she comes even closer to the table.

"So, here's your meat. Sorry, it took so long, we never have a customer that order so much from the start." She said as she arranges the plates down to the table, you and Iwaizumi help out as well by taking the plates down from their hands.

"Oh, our boss will give you one more plate of pork if you kiss this fine gentleman. Our boss love to see romance happening right in front of his eyes." They said it so smoothly out of their mouth as if it's their catchphrase.

"Sorry, we aren't-" Before he can finish the sentence and turn down a nice deal that the boss offer, you kissed him on the cheek as per the boss's requested. You could hear loud handclapping and cheer in the kitchen.

"Now, please give me the plate of pork you promise."