✰ 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐧

Reiner Braun x Paradis! Reader(Female)
Requested By: Luna-tzu
Angst warning

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Regret, he wasn't sure

But all he could think about was her.

He zoned out as he thought about her once again. How he started to miss her ever since he returned to his home. His lips pressed into a fine thin line as Gabi continued to speak about her experience, and Reiner could only think about her.

"Reiner?" and Reiner snapped out of his thoughts as he looked at his relatives, who were waiting for him to speak. He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck a little, wondering where they had stopped in the amid of their conversation.

"About them?" Gabi repeated, and Reiner understood.

"On that island, I infiltrated their military ranks. It was truly hell. The people on that island were most definitely demons and inhumane bastards," Reiner spoke out, but somehow his heart started to ache as he spoke about them.

"It happened during the army enlistment ceremony, all of a sudden one of the recruits started eating a potato out of nowhere. When the instructor questioned, the person responded with a completely remorseless answer. Said it looked yummy, so they stole it," Reiner spoke out as he held his hands together tightly.

Somehow he could hear her voice at the back of his mind, telling him that what he thought of them weren't true, and he didn't think of them that way.

How her voice, he remembered the sound of it so clearly.

"I met idiots who forgot why they even went to the bathroom. Hypocrites who only ever thought about themselves, damn serious guys who only ever thought about others," Reiner added on.

"There was a guy who only ever thought of revenge and the guys that followed him no matter what. And then one who was constantly around, smiling despite all that had happened," he whispered out the last part.

How he remembered her smile all too well despite in the face of danger. The very same smile he had fallen in love with ever since.

"And also amongst that huge diverse bunch, there was us,"

.
.

"Reiner? Reiner!" and Reiner snapped out of his thoughts as he had was walking around the streets with Gabi by his side. He turned to look at her, noticing how she had a frown on her face.

"What are you spacing out for?" she asked, and Reiner shook his head in response as he turned to look forward, only to have his eyes widened as he spotted a familiar back-view of someone he had loved all too well.

How the figure turned to look, and his eyes widened when he caught a glimpse of the way her lips were curled up into a smile.

"[name]...?" he whispered out as he started to move forward, which Gabi looked rather surprised as Reiner started to give chase to the figure before him.

"[name]! Is that you?!" Reiner yelled out and he watched as the figure soon entered the alleyway, only for him to realize how it was a dead end. His heart pounded hard against his chest as he tried to stop himself from crying.

How he misses her so much.

"It's over here!" Falco called out and Reiner chuckled as he wondered what was going on with Falco, asking him to follow him while he looked for his friend.

"What's going on?" Reiner asked.

"You'll see once we get there!" Falco added on with a smile, feeling excited that Reiner was finally going to meet his friend.

"Geez..." he whispered out as he continued to follow Falco down the stairs.

"Over here," and Reiner's eyes widened when he heard footsteps, where he turned to look. His lips parted as he looked at how she was standing behind him, her lips pressed into a fine thin line as she tried her best to not cry.

"Oh! There is my other friend!" Falco called out and she smiled gently as Falco waved at her, which she waved back as well. While Reiner stood there, looking confused at what was going on.

"How... Are you here?" he whispered out.

"How... Dare you abandon me?" she asked back as she could feel her heart aching at the sight of the one she fell in love with. How he had just up and abandoned her all together without a single word of what was going on.

How she had to witness him betraying their trust before her eyes. How he was one of the few reasons why her family was taken away from her.

"What's going on?" Falco asked, and she shook her head in response.

"Nothing is wrong, Falco. Thank you for being such a hardworking boy, let's go meet him," [name] spoke out with a smile as she placed her hands onto Reiner's shoulders, turning and pushing him forward as Falco opened the door.

"[name]? What's going on? Why are you here?" Reiner asked, but [name] remained silent.

"Here we are!" Falco called out as [name] shut the door behind her, ensuring that it was locked as she leaned against it. Her arms folded across her chest as she watched as Reiner's body tensed up upon realizing who else was in the room.

"Hey... It's been close to four years now, Reiner,"

"Eren..."

"Good for you, you got to go back home," Eren spoke out as he turned to look at [name] who avoiding looking at Reiner, which Eren turned to look at Reiner once more.

"Must be good for you too, to be abandoning the one you love. Letting her find out the reason why her family was taken away from her, and not bothering to explain yourself too," Eren added on and Reiner turned to look at [name].

Who was looking at him.

"Did you know how much she suffered?" Eren added on and [name] let out a sigh as she shook her head, tears running down her face as Reiner took a step forward towards her. Wanting to pull her into a hug.

Wanting to apologize for all the pain he had caused.

But he watched as her lips parted, and the words that escaped her lips shot a hole through his heart as he never wanted to hear those words from her.

"I hate you, Reiner,"

Regret, that was the feeling.
But the word 'hate' was far worst.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The End

Part II?