- 𝟏𝟐𝟔

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     IT HAD been two months since the disaster that overcame the communities. the deaths of the group's people had certainly affected everyone. the kingdom was beginning to fall due to the conditions - pipes were bursting, some buildings were damaged by wildfires and everything was getting old. however, rosaline's belly was only getting bigger and she still had not told daryl.

     she was counting her days until she had to tell him. it was amazing to her how he hadn't noticed the change in her belly, how her well-toned body had grown a bit larger, her abdominal muscles fading despite her not eating as much.

     rosita was also pregnant, that was obvious, though she was much further along and it was showing. her stomach was almost two times the size of rosaline's.

     they had been forced to move to the kingdom from the weather. the brunette was glad for this, and so was carol, who despite mourning was trying her best to help. carol knew that rosa was putting back telling daryl, but respected her choice either way. she was a strong girl who could handle herself.

     at that moment, daryl was bringing dinner over to lydia and rosaline. a plate of vegetables; at least what little they had.

     "make sure you two eat something." he reminded, "we have to get those folks to hilltop."

     in reality, the marksman had taken over as lydia's father figure. same with rosaline. it wasn't like she could deny the girl, besides if she was going to parent she may as well get a bit of practice in. since henry being gone, she felt like an outsider. daryl or rosa didn't want her to feel like that.

     he gave the two the smallest of smiles, pulling rosaline's fur cloak over her body more. rhaegar was sitting at her feet below the table, warming her feet.

     "you okay?" rosaline questioned, forking some of the vegetables into her mouth.

     the teenage girl gave a slight nod, "yeah. just... feel a bit weird."

     "everything will be okay, you know." she assured, "the communities will help, that's what they're here for."

     "yeah. are- are you okay?" lydia replied, blinking slightly.

     "why?"

     she shrugged, "you just look a bit on edge sometimes."

     "i guess so, things are a bit tough and winter is on the way." she half-lied. honestly, she was worried about what would happen with her pregnancy. rosaline was around three months along and telling daryl would be a good idea. ever since taking the test, she had kept it close. in a bag or in her pocket.

     after a couple of minutes, daryl had come back. it was time for the kingdom to take their refuge at hilltop. secretly, rosaline hoped that when the winter was over there was a possibility of fixing everything that had been destroyed because of the cold and then fortify it. everyone began to head out as the gate opened.