Chapter 78 - Callan

We went back up and gathered our things, along with a new coat I'd gotten her. I couldn't exactly make her go outside in only lingerie, no matter how little I wanted her to cover up.

On our way out, we met Jennifer. The frown she had when she saw Emma reminded me of what we needed to talk about.

"Have Jennifer been treating you well?" I asked as soon as we got in the car.

"Why do you ask?" Emma looked like I'd surprised her with my question.

"I don't like the way she's looking at you. She has a job to do, and one of those things is to always be respectful to our members. So, tell me, has she been treating you well?" I didn't worry about the other members, though; I had a feeling this was something more personal and all aimed at Emma.

Jennifer had always had her eyes on Mateo, even when nothing indecent had happened between them. Now that Emma got him, I could see how that would make her jealous.

"It's nothing really. She's just been giving me some attitude," Emma finally answered. "But I can handle it."

"This isn't about what you can handle. I know you can, but this is about my business and employees. They are expected to act professionally at all times. I need to hold them accountable," I explained.

Emma shook her head. "And I'm not going to be the reason a person loses her job. I don't want that to be on my conscious. She hasn't been directly mean to me, and I can handle the rest. Please, just let it go, for me."

Letting out a sigh, I reached out and captured her hand. "You're too good of a person, Bella. If I let it go, will you promise me that if she does anything more, you'll come to me?" I didn't like it, not at all. My protective instincts towards Emma were in high gear, and it went against every cell in my body to do what she wanted. The pleading in her voice was hard to deny.

Thoughts of David appeared. Now that, at least, was something I could deal with. I'd already gotten my private investigator to look into that guy. If he'd creeped my girl out, I had to make sure he wouldn't be a threat to her.

"Thank you," she said, squeezing my hand with hers. Just that innocent touch made my dick hardened—not that it had even gone down since the private scene we'd just watched. Whenever I was with Emma, I couldn't keep my dick in check.

It was still relatively early when we got to my apartment, which was perfect. I didn't want to rush our first official night together.

Once again, Emma went straight to my windows overlooking the city when we got inside my apartment. The sight of her stopped me in my tracks.

She'd taken off the coat I'd given her and was now standing in only her lingerie. Fuck, it shocked me every time how perfect she was—at least to us. Her body was a sinful temptation, making me itch to get my hands on her.

Her ass stole my attention with its roundness. I already knew what my handprints looked like on it, but I couldn't wait to see it again sometime.

The night she walked into my club would be a night I wouldn't forget soon. At first, it had been her beauty that drew me in, but it was her personality that made me want to stay.

"Do you mind if I take a couple of pictures to send to the guys throughout the night?" I asked, still staring at her from several feet away. I knew it would be torturous for Mateo and Gideon to see her, knowing they wouldn't be with her tonight. Still, I wanted them to appreciate how stunning she looked as much as I did.

Emma looked over her shoulder and smiled coyly. "Not at all." Even from a distance, I could see the blush on her cheeks. As soon as she turned to see the view again, I snapped one of her with the city lights providing a gorgeous background.

I thought you'd enjoy the view, I typed and hit send. Not even a minute later, I felt the vibration signaling an incoming text. I ignored it. Tonight was about Emma and me.

Not being able to stand and watch any longer, I went to her, gathering her in my arms. She fit perfectly, and nothing had ever felt so right as this.

"I believe I promised you some punishment," I whispered in her ear and felt her body shudder as my words registered. "Follow me," I ordered. I let go of her and started walking from the living room and down the hall. I didn't need to look back to know that she was following me.

My playroom was similar to the one at the club, with the same color scheme, black with hints of red. The only difference was that this room was bigger, with more furniture, gears, and equipment.

"Undress yourself, but leave the garter belt, the stocking, and the heels on," I instructed.

She surprised me by following my command without hesitation. I was happy to see that our conversation earlier had helped her some in that regard. I knew she would have her moments, but it didn't diminish her progress.

I swallowed hard as I watched her while she took off her bra and panties, along with the harness. My eyes zeroed in on her breasts and her pointed pink nipples. Such enticing little peaks of flesh.

Trailing my eyes further south, I saw Emma's trimmed pussy—it wasn't bare. I liked that, but even if I hadn't, she would look good in anything. Though, it gave me an idea of what we could do with that as well.

"Present to me," I said while unbuttoning my cuffs and rolling up the sleeves. I'd already taken off my jacket and slackened the tie around my neck. She followed through, lowering herself down on the carpet.

Looking down at her like that, in the position Mateo taught her, was indescribable. The feeling I felt standing over her while she knelt in front of me was so powerful, I had to steel myself from reaching for her.

Patience, I reminded myself. I didn't want to rush this, not even as my dick begged otherwise. I could still remember waking up with her this morning. It wasn't something I would likely forget. I'd spoken a half-truth when I told her it wasn't often I woke up to a beautiful woman; the fact was, she was my first.

The feel of her pussy clinging to my dick had replayed in my mind the entire day, and I'd been in a constant aroused state. She'd been the best fuck I'd had in my thirty-four years of living.

No matter how many times I'd tried to remind myself that this arrangement we had was temporary, and no matter how many times I tried to keep my distance—to keep feelings from being developed; I failed miserably. The truth was, the more I got to know her, the more right this felt.

After finding out that she would go out with her friends yesterday, I had to make sure she was safe. New York could be dangerous for everyone, but women in particular. When she didn't answer my texts, I panicked. For hours, I waited, but then I couldn't wait anymore.

I was forcing myself into parts of her life I didn't belong in, but hell if I could stop myself. As much as I tried to avoid it, she was becoming something more than just a submissive. In such a short period, she'd taken over my mind, and my heart wasn't far behind. I knew how wrong it was, especially with the secret I was keeping, but she was too perfect for me not to like her—to adore her.

Bella. Huh, I should've known how this would end the second my stupid ass called her that. Sure, it was customary for any Italian to call anyone Bella; it didn't even have to mean they thought someone was beautiful. But, in my childhood household, it was an endearment used between lovers.

Grandpa always called my grandma Bella, always. That one word became special to me because it had been special to them. It wasn't a word I used at random. Hell, it wasn't a word I had used at all—until I met my very own Bella.

The first time I called Emma Bella had been the first time I'd talked to her. When that single word slipped from my mouth, I hadn't even registered it until it was too late to stop it. I couldn't help but wonder if my body knew something before my brain could even comprehend it.

"Tell me your safeword," I ordered, looking down at her. She couldn't see the hunger in my eyes, only the black color of the carpet she was kneeling on.

"Orange," she said softly, sounding breathless.

I nodded once, satisfied that she hadn't forgotten it. "Good. Let's begin."