The Simmons Sibling (Part 2)

As requested, a part two ;) enjoy 

Never had you stood in front of the mirror as long as right now. Every time you wanted to switch off the light and leave, a strand of hair sat wrong or your collar was folded over. 

Seven PM was slowly approaching and your hands were shaking with nerves. You reminded yourself again and again it was just Daisy. You knew her, she was your friend, well, more than a friend now, but still. You had tried avoiding her a little during the day, because every time you saw her, that kiss flashed through your head and your face turned red.

She smiled smugly every time that happened, knowing damn well what she had done to you. To make matters worse, she looked extra beautiful today. At least, that's what you thought. Everything was the same as yesterday, her hair, her clothes, but she looked like a goddess. 

Several people had to snap their fingers in front of your face today to pull you back to reality. You were so distracted that Coulson eventually gave you the rest of the day off. He had asked why your head wasn't in the game, but you couldn't exactly tell him you were going on a date with the woman he considered a daughter. After all, you wanted to keep it a secret for now.

So instead you told him you and Daisy were having a girls night out tonight and you were stressing if you had forgotten to buy movie tickets. 

At exactly seven, you couldn't put it off anymore and pulled the bedroom door closed behind you. Any Agent who would pay a little attention, would notice you had dressed a bit too fancy for a simple night out, but nobody spared you a second glance as you trotted over to Daisy's room. 

Since you weren't one to ever go somewhere fancy, you had had to knock on Jemma's door to ask her advice on what to wear. It shouldn't be too glamorous but not your usual combat boots and leather jacket either. Eventually, she had lend you an airy black blouse which you had paired with blue skinny jeans and some heeled boots. Not too high, still comfortable.

You stopped, took a deep breath and knocked. The door swung open immediately. Daisy had a wide smile on her face, one that caused your breath to get stuck in your throat. She had tried a little harder tonight too. Her short hair was curled to perfection and you swore there was eyeshadow on her eyes. 

You were dressed quite similar, although she wore a nice, dark blue sweater instead of a blouse. 

''Hey,'' you managed to say. ''Ready?''

It wasn't often you got a night off, but it had been quiet on the base today, so you could get away for a few hours. Question was if you wouldn't get called away in the middle of the date because of an emergency, but there was no controlling that.

Daisy nodded and followed you into the hallway. ''So ready. You look beautiful by the way.''

You blushed, trying to hide it with your hair. ''So do you. You should wear colors other than black more often.''

She laughed. Her hand was itching to grab yours, but not here. ''I will consider it.''

As you passed by the lab, you couldn't help but glance inside. Call it a habit. Of course Jemma had already spotted you and enthusiastically stuck her thumbs up. You groaned and rolled your eyes, speeding up your pace so you'd get to the hangar quicker. 

The black SHIELD car, the one without the huge logo obviously, was waiting for you there. All you had to do was request it and it was ready to use. On the way to the restaurant, you made a little small talk. Daisy wasn't as nervous as you were, but she didn't say anything about your shaking hands.