Chapter 40

"What's this??" Yeji exclaimed upon seeing the tiny gift Jisu had prepared for her.

After their not-so-little moment of a kiss on the dance floor that brought about quite the reaction from Yuna and Chaeryeong who squealed loudly while Ryujin stood there with the largest, most annoying I-fucking-knew-it grin she had, and even Jisoo who looked on with a subtle smirk, they continued to dance for a bit more, purely enjoying the way their arms seemed to wrap around each other perfectly, while their bodies moved in unison to the beat of the music, before Jisu finally took hold of Yeji's arm and led the two away from the dance floor and back to the table where their coats were, surprising the older girl with the gift she had put together.

"I-It's nothing much ...," Jisu answered shyly, her little fingers fidgeting with uneasiness, worried about what the silver haired girl was going to think of her present.

Yeji carefully unwrapped the green and red wrapping paper, revealing a new knee brace underneath that was in Yeji's favourite colour, black.

"D-Did you make this!?" Yeji exclaimed once more, her mouth gasped forming the shape of an 'o' while her eyes grew as wide open as they could.

"Yeah I did," Jisu replied with a relieving sigh upon seeing the older girl's reaction. "It was a real headache figuring out the physics behind a proper knee brace," she added.

"I can imagine!" Yeji quickly responded, for she knew that making sportswear wasn't just simply knitting yarn together. There was actual science and technology behind it and the fact that Jisu learnt all of that to make what was essentially a tiny piece of fabric surprised Yeji to no end.

"Oh? And what's this?" Yeji asked upon noticing the 3 little embroidered words that was written in a sky-blue colour subtly placed on the bottom edge of the knee brace that spelled out "trust in myself.".

It was Yeji's personal motto. And though the silver haired girl never answered whenever Jisu would ask what it truly meant, she knew Yeji had always tried to live by it ever since they had met, especially when it came to basketball.

"I thought it would be a little too plain to leave it all black..."

Yeji continued to admire the way the words were stitched on in a neat font, while the bright blue colour stood out among the black background of yarn and fabric.

"Thank you, Jisu-ya," Yeji said with a grateful smile. "I'll make sure to wear it every game."

"You better," Jisu teased back.

"I ... I actually got something for you too," Yeji awkwardly chuckled as she scratched the back of her head. "But it's not here."

"Oh you mean it hasn't arrived yet? That's oka-"

"Oh no!" Yeji quickly interrupted. "I-I meant we kinda have to go somewhere else for it."

"Wait what??" Jisu replied in shock, hoping what Yeji got her wasn't anything too much, or even worse, too expensive. But nevertheless, it would be a lie to say she wasn't curious.

"It's not much," Yeji said with a laugh after having already expected the younger girl's reaction.

"Are you sure?" Jisu asked with one eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"Yes. Really," Yeji answered with a wide smile. "We can go after we've had our fun here," the silver haired girl continued as she turned to look at the other 3 and Jisoo, and even her cousin who had just been forcibly dragged onto the dance floor and was pretty much being forced to dance by the others to the now once again upbeat music that was being played, and it was quite the hilarious sight if Yeji could say so herself, almost making her want to take out her phone to have it on record, just in case her cousin ever annoyed her too much.