Chapter 24 - What happened pt. 3

Previously on Chapter 23

I was at the top of the rooftops, where I took in my surroundings. There was a billboard behind me and some vents. I walked up to the edge of the building, to look down on what's below.

"Alright, let's do this."

______________________________________

John POV

I was at the rooftop, watching and waiting for something to happen. While I was watching, I decided to think of a plan to capture this guy.

'Alright, before I proceed with this, I need a plan. Most importantly, I don't have an ability on me. Which is kind of bad.'

'Let's state the obvious stuff first. So the guy's ability is called Tremor. I'm guessing he could create a small earthquake of some sort. He's also an Elite Tier, meaning I need to copy a strong ability. But it needs to be so that they can't know who I am.' 

While I was busy with my thoughts, the area from afar started rumbling, shaking me out of my thoughts.

'Guess I was right about the earthquakes. So I guess he's there.' I thought before proceeding to go towards where my target is.

I went over and jumped from roof to roof, until I finally reached my destination. I looked down and I saw him with his ability activated. He was also with three other people. Two of them was maybe his lackeys, and the last one was a woman. She was also injured and Lance was stepping on her.

While I was watching from above, Lance started talking, so I listened in to what he was saying.

"Hah, I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier!"

"Migrating to a Low-Tier district, then taking over. Who would've thought it'd be this easy?!"

"Best part is, Authorities don't give a sh*t about you! So I can literally do whatever I want!" Lance say.

He bends down and grabs the woman's hair, causing me to activate my ability.

"Amora, why not just listen to what I say? Call Newside's administration and have them surrender this town over to me. Then we won't have to do this anymore."

I just kept on listening at what he was saying, until Amora, who's name I heard from Lance, started talking.

"I-In your dreams, Lance! You better get out of our town! Leave us alone!" Amora shouted.

"Oh? Why don't you make me?" Lance replied, with a smug smile.

'Alright, guess this is where I swoop in.' I thought to myself.

I flipped my cloak over to my back, so that I could move better. After that, I jumped off the roof, and prepared to kick that smug looking face.

My cloak waved around the air and casted a shadow over them, making Lance turn his face towards me.

"Hm? What the hell?" Lance says, turning around confused at the sudden obstruction of the light.

 But the moment he turned around, he was met with a foot to his face. Lucky for me, because he broke my fall with his face. I then landed on the ground after the kick, that made him skid on the ground.

"AUUGH!!" Lance sounded.

I took a glance at the woman to distinguish what she looked like and what she was feeling right now. She had a surprised looked on her face after my arrival, which was not surprising, especially since I just suddenly came in.