59.

Halwright: Study Park.

"This is nice." Ben mumbled as he, Alarion, and Carter were sprawled on the grass in the study park, the sun wasn't so hot and everything was back to normal and peaceful, Halwright was now back to its normal self, or so the supremes and Ben hoped. "I could actually get used to just laying around and not do anything." Alarion exclaimed making both the mystics he was with chuckle. "Don't be so lazy Alarion, you still need to learn plus you can't exactly have a vacation your whole life." The wendigo argued making Alarion groan.

"You just had to be the philosophical one today." He remarked and Carter jabbed his ribs with his thumb making the angel hiss playfully. "Now now children, I'm basking in victory, don't spoil it with your bickering." The witch asserted making Alarion roll his eyes. "You're always basking in something Ben, don't make us go there." Carter contended making the angel burst out laughing, Ben being the playful one for the day made water appear and splashed Alarion, Carter also got soaked in the process.

"Hey!" The wendigo yelled as he made water burst from the ground and splash Ben, the three of them began throwing water at one another until they were soaked to the skin and laughing as if they had no care in the world. Ben conjured ice cream for all three and within seconds they were all on the wet grass enjoying it. "I can't believe you're acting like a child on the day you're supposed to be getting ready." Kyra's voice boomed behind the three making them all flinch.

"Wait, why are you soaking wet?" The witch asked looking at the three who were eating ice cream like thirsty children. "You see Kyra—." Ben mumbled trying to hide away from Kyra's wrath. "Save it, Roman." The witch stated calmly yet as scary as a mother at the same time which immediately made Ben shut his mouth, Kyra snapped his fingers and all of them were dry instantly and the ice cream they were eating now had napkins beside it.

"I don't want half ass excuses just finish up we have to get you ready for the ceremony tomorrow, unfortunately." Kyra grumbled the last part and Ben sighed heavily at the mention of the ceremony. "What are you two on about?" Carter questioned the two witches. "The ceremony of the Union Of Houses is tomorrow, Ben, Kyra, and myself are supposed to be there because the witch king decrees it." Alarion was the one to reply with a groan.

"But I don't wanna go." Ben whined as he finished his ice cream, it was all about them showing off their power and status, those invited were nothing but snakes and nothing more, that's why Ben had kept himself and Kyra as elusive from them as possible but this was family matters and he was to attend unless he sent an envoy in his place. "You have to go, you're the only one who can handle your brother, I can't handle all the Rahuls on my own, you know how they love drama, add Syres to the mix, that's a magical bomb." Kyra complained as well whilst sitting down next to Carter.

"Is it that bad?" The wendigo asked making the angel scoff. "It makes the ball we had here look like child play, witches especially from those two families don't lack in drama." Alarion exclaimed as he was now sipping on a milkshake, Kyra wondered where he got it until he saw Ben with one too. "If it's that bad and mister cravings here goes, don't you think that's a disaster waiting to happen." Carter argued looking at Kyra then Alarion with a raised brow and they both knew it was true.

"He is bound to cause more havoc than anyone else,  except for maybe your mom, the witch of malice isn't exactly the nondramatic kind." Alarion pointed out making Carter laugh and the two witches groan audibly. "Don't remind me about my mother, she's finally gotten her dream, she's about to rub it in our faces." Kyra asserted making Carter laugh harder. "Your mother is just awful and with her now royal status being fully recognized I can't imagine what the nobles will go through." Ben exclaimed as he finished his milkshake.

"Hell obviously, you would think she would use her magic for good but no, she has to be on top, no wonder she and Kaiser got along so easily they are practically alike." The witch yet again whined and grumbled but all of them knew it was true, the witches were about to have a massive blow of changes handed to them once the Rahuls were recognized. "All that is fun and great but you still need someone to replace Ben at the ceremony." Alarion suggested drawing attention back to Ben who was now on his second milkshake, they all quizzically looked at him.

"What, I'm pregnant with a possibly hybrid baby, I need this." He stated defensively and Kyra sighed knowing it was yet again true, he was pregnant and he needed the nutrition along with curving his cravings. "How about Hayes goes to the ceremony on his behalf." Carter suggested and the angel seemed to think it over and nodded. "No better person, he is his mate." Alarion surmised and Kyra nodded after considering it. "Plus it would be fun to see Kaiser's reaction when he gets demon mate instead of the witch he hates so much." Kyra added with a mischievous glint in his eyes that spoke nothing but mischief and mayhem.

"I wish I could go with you guys, I'd pack popcorn for the good stuff." Carter whined as he flipped his perfect white hair to the side, he was indeed beautiful, students passed by the four who were seated on the grass and bowed to them, it was a tradition adopted by the students not because they were forced but because they indeed respected the school supreme for all they had done, suddenly a gust of wind blew around the four, none of them even moved a muscle because they knew who it was.

"So this is where you're hiding." Hayes called out as his wings vanished from his back. "I'm not hiding, just relaxing, and basking in all the sunny goodness." The witch replied as Hayes picked him up and placed him on his lap without any effort, the demon was getting considerably larger which everyone noticed but knew it was normal for him to be huge. "How is my peanut?" The arch demon mumbled in gibberish whilst placing a hand on Ben's stomach. "Here we go again." Carter mumbled as he sprawled even more on the grass.

"Hayes, Kyra wants you ready for the ceremony, so after you're done talking baby, please kindly follow him to his workshop and get fitted." The angel beside Hayes relayed a bit amused by the expression on Hayes's face. "Are you trying to get Mael and I to kill each other?" The demon asked in a manner that reflected his seriousness. "Its witch business and ceremony, they will be the ones starting most of the fights and the drama, your problems with Mael will be dwarfed to petty squabbles if the persons I'm hoping don't show up, do." Kyra argued making Hayes chuckle along with the group.

"Alright then, should I bring wine or popcorn?" The demon asked again and Ben swatted his very large bicep. "You won't need the wine, it's readily available there because they know it will be a shit show." Ben explained as Carter was now rolling on the ground laughing, the wendigo was mostly amused by all of it because no other mystic race had as much drama and fights as the witches, but they were also the dark and sinister ones too.

Kyra stood up and patted himself out. "Come on Hayes, and you too Alarion, it's a ceremony that will need you to dress boldly and to murder." The witch asserted and Alarion was on his feet whilst Ben whined about Hayes leaving him, the witch made a bargain with his mate and that's how he released him. Carter and Ben were left alone by the grassy plain but their relaxation time was cut short when a student approached them with a note.

"Supreme Carter, Sir Ben, the headmaster sent this for you." The student relayed and bowed before he left, Carter pushed his hair aside and opened the note, he read it and sighed. "We have two new students, the headmaster wants us to give them a tour." He informed Ben who groaned but still got up to handle the task they had been given. When they got to the main office building the headmaster was standing outside with the two new students, the two boys seemed disinterested but when the two most beautiful students at Halwright showed up that was quickly washed away.

"Good day headmaster, and hello to you, I'm Carter, " The wendigo introduced himself. "And I'm Ben, welcome to Halwright." Ben finished with a smile but the two boys were still awestruck, making the headmaster chuckle. "Good luck."

+++

LMJ