20: sunghoonie

"𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮,"

~🌙 ~

I stood, hands clasped behind my back, eyes locked on the runway wing. Any minute now she would emerge. All the lights would be focused on her small figure, illuminating her beauty around the room. Soon, she emerged from the wing and instantly a wave of gasps filled the room. A single spotlight pinned to her, whilst she strolled down the runway. Whispers of amazement and wonder spread throughout the room, and the same through my mind. 

"Eun Hyerin, modelling this season's Wedding Package," the MC called over the mic followed by a short applause. 

I'd be lying if I said she wasn't stunning. The dress hung on her so elegantly, accentuating her waist and shoulders. The snow white fabric complemented her fair skin and dark brown hair that bounced as she walked. Like before, her face was hidden underneath the veil. My heart shook at the thought of revealing her again. 

She arrived in front of me and yet my mind was miles away from where it should be. Relax, Jongseong. My mind was telling me to chill, but it sounded so much like her voice. It was distractingly beautiful. 

On cue, I took the bottom of the veil and lifted it. I gulped as her features were revealed by the second and the light finally greeted her complexion. Her eyes fluttered open and a sweet smile grew as she looked right up at me. My heart skipped two beats. 

I froze admiring her every aspect. Her eyes, lips, skin, hair. Everything about her was perfect. I couldn't do anything more than stare at her, even knowing that so many people were watching. I watched her lips move, but my mind didn't register her words. 

"It's okay, Jay. Just follow my lead," her voice came through softly. Even amongst the whispers of the crowd and shutters of the camera, I could hear her gentle voice. 

She took my left hand in hers, holding it strongly. She squeezed it, before lifting up like in rehearsal. She was leading me, a lovestruck boy who could no longer think straight. That in itself led me to fall for her even more. 

She brought my hand up to her cheek, turning it so it cupped her face. Touching her skin, I suddenly regained control of my hand. For a second, my brain panicked and remembered the people watching my every move. I took a few breaths and reminded myself that it was all just a show for them - even if it felt real for me. 

I pushed my hand gently against her face and she leaned into my touch. Her eyes closed and a wider smile crept up on her face. She looked at me again and this time the light shifted making her iris' shine like no other. All the small details and textures could be seen: a piece of art. I could see her every feature and there were no flaws, just pure beauty. 

Me being me, I knew looks weren't everything. I needed to know more about you, Eun Hyerin.

She took a step closer to me and my breath hitched - this was not in the practice.