Chapter 9: Dinner with the Vitali's

Igor fussed over his baby sister's health once she was nursed back consciousness after a long wait of 2 hours. The pressure and stress from whatever that happened had deteriorated her state and the lack of food further worsened her condition. It was currently quarter to one and Igor sat by her bed, feeding her some herbal soup.

As much as Serenity hated the taste, she couldn't complain and focused on gulping the whole thing down without resting it on her taste buds.

"You scared me there for a minute." Igor grumbled, placing away the now empty bowl on the night stand.

Serenity silently spooned into his arms and let out a satisfied sigh " I am alright, Igor. Don't worry."

"How can I not? Thank God for sending that old hag otherwise I would have never forgiven myself for letting those shi- things happen to you."

"Igor" Serenity laughed softly "Its Papy Fostello, don't call him old hag."

Igor rolled his eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked after a pause.

Serenity hummed, her eyes immersed on one of the Mediterranean painting, hanging on the wall in front of the bed but her mind couldn't cease replaying the way Killian had backhanded her. It was a breaking point and she wasn't sure of what to feel. He broke his promise.

'I promise you, I will never change, I will always come home, never ignore you and always take care of you. '

He changed, he didn't come home, he ignored her and he.....stopped taking care of her.

Serenity drew a sharp breath in once the ache in her chest returns. She blink back the tears. She shouldn't cry, she should learn to accept it no matter how hard it is. People change, she get it. She should move on from her silly childhood memories.

"I-I am not okay, Igor-"

"Seri..."

She shake her head cutting him off "No, I am n-not okay at the moment. But I-I will be fine soon. I promise." She raise her head, meeting his worried eyes with her sparkling orbs glistened in tears and gave him a soft convincing smile.