Chapter 3 - Quidditch and Marauders

_____________________________________________________________________________

"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure"

_____________________________________________________________________________

The morning after Betelgeuse met with the twins in the Common Room,  Alicia and Angelina had already come down minutes prior. They made their way to the Great Hall and sat for breakfast.

"I am starving," George exclaimed to his twin.

"How? You two stuffed your faces with everything on sight yesterday. If I had not been careful, you would have taken a bite from my hands too," Betelgeuse interjected.

"Aren't you a joy this morning, Black?" Fred argued, grinning.

"Shut up you two ginger baboons!" Exclaimed a voice from behind Betelgeuse. She turned around, seeing the older Weasley. "Do not distract my new Quidditch protégé with your nonsense."

Betelgeuse regarded him silently while arching an eyebrow. "You know that I am not even on the team. Right?"

"Not yet, Altair," Charlie corrected, biting a piece of bacon.

They were joined by Professor McGonagall, "Ah, Mr Weasley. I see that you have already immersed yourself in your new role as captain. Good, good. Now, these are your schedules for the year," she says handing them a sheet with the schedule of the lessons. "Ms Black, Charlie has told me about his idea of making you try for the team this year. You should know that usually First years are not allowed. Of course, if the student reveals to be a prodigious player, the rule can be bent." She concluded walking away.

"I will see you at the Quidditch pitch during the first break, don't be late," Charlie said, joining his friends for their first class.

"Let us go, boys. We have Herbology with Slytherins. We do not want to be late, do we?" Betelgeuse asked two groaning twins, grabbing them by the shoulders.

To Betelgeuse's surprise, the journey to the greenhouse was rather long. They met with a little witch called Professor Sprout, that was going to teach them how to take care of strange plants and fungi and find out their usage.

The class was an enjoyable one, the only downside for the girl was that Fred and George seem inclined not to let her listen to a word the professor said. Fortunately, the end of the lesson announced a truce from the continuous chatter of twins for the girl. She made her way to her dormitory to change into comfortable clothes and headed out to the Quiddich pitch. She spotted Charlie waiting for her with Oliver Wood.

On the way there, two gingers had managed to catch up, walk alongside her and pester her with advice.

"Remember to keep two hands on the broom —"

"— apart from when you are holding the quaffle or chasing the snitch, 'course!"

Betelgeuse tried to block their babblings and finally reached Charlie and Oliver. 

"Scurry off you two! Leave her alone," Charlie said, turning to his younger brothers.

Fred merely grinned. "Good luck, Bel!"

Fred and George hurried off to sit on the bleachers of the stadium to watch their friend practice.

Charlie turned to Betelgeuse, handing her a battered broom. "Here. It's from the school's storage. It's not much, but it does its job."