27

Alice Avery

"Link! Out of all people it was Link!"

That's how I woke up this morning, half naked on a pool floaty with Mandy scolding me like I was a child. My hungover self struggled out of the pool and stumbled back into my Mandy's house. I spotted my clothes on the floor from last night and quickly put them on. I was partly ashamed to admit that the only thing I regret from last night was my alcohol intake, I must've backed out.

"Alice you weren't even drunk when you kissed Link, what the hell is going on?" Mandy sounded like an mother upset with her teenage daughter. I sat on a kitchen stool with my head in my hands.

"I saw Ricky kiss Candace last night."

Her eyebrows raised, "What?"

"Kissing Link was my idea of revenge," I say lowly.

"Well in that case, I'm proud of you."

"Yeah." I mumbled, I was in an awful mood. "Is there anyone else here?"

"No I kicked everyone out around 5, haven't slept." She rubbed her eyes after handing me a mug filled with coffee.

"Go get some sleep, I'll clean up here," I offered.

"Are you sure? You've had a rough night." She cringed and I laughed in response.

"I'm fine don't worry, get some shuteye." I said and stood to my feet after Mandy made her way upstairs to bed. I grabbed a few trash bags and such and began to pick up the empty beer cans and solo cups. I found my phone over on the living room table and checked the time; it was around 10. I had a missed call from Theo along with a whooping 9 missed calls from Trent. My face screwed to confusion, what could he want? I redialled the number and put the phone against my ear. He answered almost instantly

"Fucking finally," he groaned through the speaker.

"What do you want?" I sighed.

He paused, "Did Ricky not tell you what happened?" Trent questioned, I was completely oblivious.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, my tone growing to be more annoyed.

"You need to get down to Centennial Hills right now." Was all he said before hanging up the call. A wave of chills immediately hit me as I remembered that Centennial Hills was the name of a hospital.

I was quick to leave Mandy a note before rushing out the door. I drove recklessly, my mind was in a complete panic. I was surprised I didn't get pulled over as I made it to the hospital in a matter of minutes due to my excessive speeding. I spotted Trent once I walked through the front doors.

"Okay what the hell is going on?" My voice reached a serious tone that I didn't recognize.

"Just come with me," Trent spoke quietly. He seemed on edge, nervous almost.

I followed Trent through several hallways and the nerves I carried just grew and grew. He finally stopped in front of a patient room with the door closed, he turned to me.

"This is your fault, I want you to know that." He grumbled coldly before opening the door, we both walked in.

A loud gasp left my lips, I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. Tears sparked in my eyes, this was my fault, this was all my fault.

Link laid there unconscious in the hospital bed with a nasal cannula to his nostrils. He was bruised horribly, the purple marks stood out on his pale white skin. I moved further into the room, talking a step up to the side of his bed. He appeared ghostly, I couldn't describe the feeling of seeing someone you know in this state.