36

"Announcing the arrival of the blood of the sun, the Emperor, Acacius Paine De Alphaesial and the blood of the star, Princess Luna Vanessa De Alphaesial."

I entered the the vicinity on Arian in his dragon form, since brother is the emperor now, there's no longer a need to hide our guardians.

Hmm, the four dukes are already present with their child it seems. And they're not the only nobles bringing their heirs. I guess this could be a great learning experience for the younger generation ...

"Good evening, gentlemen. I'm glad many of you can participate in this event. Since I see many heirs this year, let's hold the hunting competition a little bit differently this year. The adults will be hunting in the inner forest while the children will hunt at the outer forest. Of course, to make it fair I will be hunting in the inner forest as well. Any objections?" I announced hopping off Arian.

"Princess, will you be fine in the inner forest? Why not you hunt at the outer forest." Someone spoke from the crowd.

The more inner into the forest, the stronger the monsters.

"I'm grateful for your worry, Duke William. But I know my capabilities." I replied
politely seeing that he was earnestly worried.

"Uncle William is right, you're a girl and a princess at that. I bet you can't survive 10 minutes in the inner forest." This tone is totally different, it sounds like mockery...

Ho~? Who dares to talk to me like that?

"Who said that?" Brother's voice came from behind me. "I'm giving you a chance to come out, or do you prefer immediate death?"

"Now now, brother." I gently held brother's hand, squeezing it as a sign to make him calm down.

"It was me." A boy that looks seemingly my age stood out. His eyes laced with arrogance and haughtiness.

This won't do, I guess I'll need to teach him some manners, it's for the future of the empire.

"Who are you?" I asked as genuinely as possibly.

"Your highness doesn't know who I am?" He questioned, eyes widening a bit.

Of course I know who you are, you think I don't do background checks on everyone who came here?

"And why should I know who you are? Do you perhaps have hearing problems? I asked you a question and you returned a question to me." I replied cocking my brow.

"I am the nephew of Duke William Albertin , Liam Albertin." He said his name proudly.

I casted a glance at Duke William as he replied with a nod and sigh. Naturally he would proud, he's a spoiled young master who has heard nothing but praises since young.

"I apologise your highness, your majesty. This child-" The duke spoke with helpless eyes.

"Why are you apologising, uncle?"

"Duke William, this is his own fault. I won't accept any apology other than the one coming out from his own mouth." I smiled at the duke. "Since you're unwilling to submit, shall we fight? It'll be a good opening for the hunt."

Everyone slowly backed off to give us space. Brother grabbed my hand firmly making me unable to step forward. I turned back and faced him with a 'what are you doing?' face.

"Be careful." He said while I nodded.

"It's fine if you use your sword, I'll use my barehands. I don't know how to use a sword anyways." I said while stretching. "Oh my, how eager of you."

I dodged his every move easily. This child doesn't have any actual combat experience, his moves are all too stiff but I can feel the hard work form it. I landed a blow in his stomach, making him fly across the field and hit a tree.

"Give up?"

I'll praise him for getting up this quickly, his will to win is strong, but I don't think he'll be able to get up after this move. I kicked him between his legs as he slumped down.

"That's cheating!" He yelled frustratedly.

"We never agreed on any rules, it's not cheating. Never leave that part unprotected. Now, how about you apologise for mocking me?" I asked squatting in front him.

"Why would I apologise? I said nothing wrong. So what if you are royalty!"

The corners of my lips slowly lifted up, eyes curved into a crescent. My flickered red in that short moment.

"Arghhhhhhhh!" He started screaming while holding his neck.

"And that is what I can do because I am royalty. Slicing your head off without needing a reason, like you saw." I chuckled darkly. "Though that was just an illusion spell I casted, don't think I can't make it a reality."

"You-!" The tree behind him got sliced into half with a red wave of energy, interrupted him. That was my doing of course...

"What is there to be afraid of? Cutting off the head won't kill us...will you apologise now?" I stood up, grinning at him.

"I-I'm sorry." He apologised, the edge of his eyes tinting in red. It makes me feel like a bully...but my eyes soften after seeing him like this. A child is a child, I have no intention of scaring him any further.

"Good boy, you can be confident but don't be overconfident and never underestimate your enemy. If it was my brother you provoked, it won't be as simple as off with the head, you'll be killed immediately." I smiled gently and ruffled his hair.

It seems like practicing dark arts paid off, my speed as well as my strength has increased.

"Now that the match is over, everyone please proceed to your tents and rest. The hunt will start when the sun is down." I said turning to the crowd.

The crowd slowly dispersed...I should go check if there's any abnormalities in the forest. It's called Black Devil Forest for a reason. It won't be good if something happens when the hunting competition is being held.

"Brother, you go rest first. I still need to check the forest."

"I'll come with you."

"No need. Arian will be with me." I reassured brother, Arian who was in snake form nodded his head as well.

I dashed into the direction of the forest, weak monsters,weak monsters, weak monsters. I guess it's safe to say the outer forest isn't dangerous. I sat down on a rock to rest...I won't venture into the inner forest...since I trust the abilities of the adults...and there's no way I know whether if it's safe for me to enter.

"Arian, there's something you wanna say?" I glanced at Arian who was already in his human form, kneeling in front of me.

"Master, you used it...you promised me y-you...it takes away your lifespan." Arian said quivering...clenching his hands.

"My bad, it was only a little. Arian, do you think it's better to break our bond? It's going to get dangerous when she comes and-"

"Master! I said I'll stand by your side. Stop putting others before yourself!" Arian grabbed me by the shoulders. He's never gotten angry with me...

"Ah, I'm sorry." I averted my gaze "but I'll still break it if I sense that your
life is in danger."

"If my life is in danger then yours is too...." Arian choked out. I turned back to face him, wanting to reassure him but...

I can't bear to see this. His eyes are red from crying...

"Arian, I-I'll make sure to be safe." I ruffled his hair, smiling.

"You're lying."

"I'm sorry for being selfish."