30

APOLOGY
_____________

"What do you want, Weasley?" I faced him, turning around.

"Oh, so it's 'Weasley' again, not 'Freddie'..." he talked softly, almost in a murmur, while nodding slowly. "Guess I deserve it."

I stayed silent, staring at him, with an eyebrow raised and my arms crossed. He looked shy, something extremely unusual for Fred Weasley. He tightened his lips, struggling to find the right words.

"I came to apologise and to offer you to stay in that truce we were" he finally said after losing my war of looks. "I was a bit of an asshole to you yesterday."

"A bit?" I asked ironic, with my defences still up. "You didn't correct your mother even though you listened to the entire conversation." his eyes fell to his shoes, being embarrassed. "And I only called you 'Freddie' once, don't get too excited."

"I get it." he chuckled nervously. "I'm really sorry, Lilith. I was crossed with everyone and everything yesterday and I made you carry the can for it."

I looked at him straight to the eye. Even though his words weren't the best apology, he seemed sincere and as if he really wanted my forgiveness. I finally gave up, sighing.

"Fine, we're in a truce."

His face of an abandoned puppy changed into a mischievous smirk. He walked slowly, shorting the distance between us, with his hands behind his back and still a bit hesitant. When he was close enough, his eyes downed to my lips and he passed his tongue over his lower one, while taking a deep breath, that almost made our chests touch.

He passed one of his arms around my waist to make us closer, touching me, feeling his warm and soft stroke through the hoodie I was wearing, and approached his face to mine, making our lips being in contact without kissing. I made the biggest effort not to close my eyes and let him do whatever he wanted to me, Fred, however, kept smiling cockily.

"But don't think this is going to make us friends, darling," I whispered still in that position, only one movement and I'll be kissing him again. "I still hold your grudges for all your bullshit during these years that you haven't apologised for." I fakely smiled. "And I'm not gonna forgive you that easily."

I thought that would make him separate and hurt his unbearable ego, but he bit his lower lip with that smirk still on his face and his brown eyes going darker.

"Mmh, playing hard, huh?" he lowered his voice, making it deeper. I had to control the chills that concentrated in my lower belly and stay stoic. "I like it."

✵ ✵ ✵

"How have you been feeling, Lilith?" Hermione asked once I got in the library. She was accompanied by Ginny Weasley, Remus and Tonks, who quickly stood up from her chair and came to me. She passed one of her arms over my shoulder and stroke my arm, comfortingly.

"I'm better, thank you." I smiled at them. I put earlier a little bit of makeup over my dark circles and my cheeks not to look so unrested and sick, and Sirius ordered Kreacher to cook my favourite dish, so I was feeling better.

"I wish I could've been here, I bet one of our beers would've made you feel better instantly." Tonks joked, pinching my belly, tickling me. I couldn't help but snicker. Remus told me she worried a lot when they told her about my nightmare and even though I wasn't used to having so many people being worried about me, I thanked her.