CHAPTER EIGHTEEN✔️

dedicated to mcdreamymcsteamy because her comments make me smile

EIGHTEEN | I'VE GOT TO BE TRUE

"Now that you've got this back, what are you going to do with it?" Elena asked Bonnie.

The three girls, Bonnie, Arabella, and Elena, were all in Elena's room staring at the very object that was required for the sacrifice.

"Right now it's what's binding The Sun and the
Moon Curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless," Bonnie said.

Arabella had to bite her tongue from laughing out loud. Everything that came out of Bonnie's mouth were lies. The only thing that was even remotely true was the moonstone binds a curse, but not The Sun and the Moon Curse.

"And according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful," Elena stated.

"Maybe, if he finds out," Bonnie remarked.

"He's gonna find out. Imagine him doing his whole sacrifice, then he doesn't become a hybrid! He discover the flaw sooner or later and you lot will end up dead."

Elena looked even more scared. "Bonnie, can't this wait?" Bonnie gave Elena a look telling her she couldn't wait.

"Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine, we've gotta get him out!" Elena exasperated.

"Agreed!" Arabella nodded.

"Stefan wants me to focus on this," Bonnie argued, trying desperately to convince her two stubborn friends.

"Well you don't have to listen to him," Arabella suggested, to which Bonnie glared at Arabella for.

"He thinks he's protecting me but he's wrong," Elena stated, who tried to convince Bonnie.

"I'm taking Stefan's side on this one. We're not going to let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual," Bonnie remarked and took the moonstone out of Elena's hands.

"Look Bella already said—" Elena was cut off by the door opening and Jeremy Gilbert entering.

"What are you guys arguing about?" Jeremy asked the three girls.

"We're not arguing about anything," Bonnie stated and shot pointed looks to Arabella and Elena. The two girls glared at the witch, upset they weren't able to get what they want. Bonnie put the moonstone into to her purse and abruptly stood up.

"I need a coffee," she declared.

Jeremy looked at Elena.

"What?" she questioned, annoyed.

"Why are you on some suicide mission?" Jeremy inquired.

Arabella sighed. "It's not a suicide mission if she's going to be killed either way." Jeremy looked at her expectantly.

"Look, she has both of the Salvatores wrapped around her finger, she is bound to die sometime seeing as the both of them will tear each other apart for her, and sadly Elena will be caught in the midst of it all. She'll either die in a sacrifice or die between the brawl of the Salvatore's," Arabella declared.

Jeremy glared at the vampire. "That's not going to happen."

"Katherine allegedly died, remember? She was caught in being a vampire and the Salvatore's went to save her, but they ended up dying as well. But then Katherine was taken to a tomb where she supposedly burned at a stake. And, Tatia with my two brothers? She was the first doppelgänger who died between my brothers feud as the girl who is bonded to our immortal lives. Face it little Gilbert, your sister will die. And plus, she's not getting any younger. We all die someday, even vampires and even werewolves. It's the lovely circle of life, albeit tragic, but nevertheless lovely," Arabella stated.