i. drive all night

I hardly exist and if I do exist it's with delicate care.
Clarice Lispector, Água Viva

i. drive all night

I hope the ring you gave to herTurns her finger greenI hope when you're in bed with herYou think of meI would never wish bad thingsBut I don't wish you wellCould you tellBy the flames that burned your wordsI never read your letter'Cause I knew wha...

Turns her finger green
I hope when you're in bed with her
You think of me
I would never wish bad things
But I don't wish you well
Could you tell
By the flames that burned your words
I never read your letter
'Cause I knew what you'd say
Give me that Sunday school answer
Try make it all OK

Gemini sings along to the radio, currently playing Never Again by Kelly Clarkson.

Gemini had just caught her now ex-boyfriend cheating on her with her now ex-best friend, and they were not one bit apologetic about it.

They continued to have sex right in front of her, so like anyone rational person, Gemini set the house on fire while they continued to have sex.

Gemini got in her car and drove away.

Sadly, they were able to get out of the house in time, much to Gemini's dissatisfaction.

"Stupid, vampires!" Gemini muttered as she sped down the highway.

Does it hurt
To know I'll never be there
Bet it sucks
To see my face everywhere
It was you
Who chose to end it like you did
I was the last to know
You knew
Exactly what you would do
And don't say
You simply lost your way
She may believe you
But I never will
Never again

Gemini had now been driving for the past ten hours, and she had no destination, but she just knew she needed to keep driving.

"I should report them to the Volturi, but that would only get me in trouble for knowing about their kind," Gemini said to herself.

"Ugh! Why am I still driving?" She asked herself.

If she really knows the truth
She deserves you
A trophy wife, oh, how cute
Ignorance is bliss
But when your day comes
And he's through with you
And he'll be through with you
You'll die together, but alone
You wrote me in a letter
You couldn't say it right to my face
Well, give me that Sunday school answer
Repent yourself away

Gemini spotted a liquor store and pulled into the store's parking lot, and got out of her car. She walked into the store and spotted her favorite beer and grabbed a pack, some other things, and some chips that she saw near the cash register.

She placed a twenty on the counter and didn't even wait for her change, and left the store. She got back in her car and opened one of the beers, and chugging it.

"That hit the spot." She said as she started driving again.

She drove for another two hours when she drove past the welcome sign for a town called Forks.

"What the hell is a Forks?" She asked as she finished her last beer.

Gemini switched to and Hip Hop and R&B radio station, which was playing Because of You by Ne-Yo.

Gemini started singing and slightly swerving on the radio as she was singing on the top of her lungs that she didn't even notice that she drove past a police cruiser.

Think of it every second, I can't get nothing done
Only concern is the next time I'm gon' get me some
Know I should stay away from, 'cause it's no good for me
I try and try, but my obsession won't let me leave
I got a problem, and I (don't know what to do about it)
Even if I did, I don't know if I would quit, but I doubt it
I'm taken by the thought of it, hey
And I know this much is true
Baby, you have become my addiction
I'm so strung out on you (strung out on you)
I can barely move, but I like it (but I like it)

Sirens started to blare, and flashes of blue and red appeared behind her.

Gemini groaned, slightly irritated. She quickly pulled over and speedily hid the empty beer bottles under the seat, watching the rearview mirror as she saw an officer step out of his cruiser.

The officer was now approaching Gemini's car. He knocked on the car's window. Gemini put the window down.

"Hello, officer," Gemini said.

"It's Chief Swan, and do you know how fast you were going?" Chief Swan asked.

"No, but I'm sure it was over the speed limit," Gemini answered.

"License and registration." He said as his eyes scanned inside the car.

Gemini opened the glove compartment and grabbed her license and registration. As she handed them to him, their hands brushed, producing a glow that only Gemini was able to see.

Gemini gasped.

He looked at her questioningly before walking back to his cruiser to run her information.

"What the hell is going on?" She asked herself.

He returned to her car and handed her back her license and registration.

"Well, miss..." He started, but Gemini cut him off.

"Corleone," Gemini told him.

"Miss Corleone, I have to write you a ticket." He said.

"That's an inconvenience to me." She said.

He sweeped his eyes over her, and a small smile spread across his face.

Gemini shifted under his gaze, a shiver of delight passed through her.

"What brings you to Forks?" He asked.

"No, clue. I broke up with my ex and went for a drive that led me here with a ticket from the cute Chief." She answered.

His face flushed red.

Gemini smirked.

"I hate that this is how I welcomed you to Forks, but you have to be careful, especially with all that speeding you were doing." He said.

"Well... maybe you could make it up to me." She said.

"How?" He asked.

"I'm new in town. I need somewhere to stay, and I think I would feel extremely safe staying at the Chief's house." She answered.

He raised an eyebrow at her as if asking her if she was earnest.

He sighed.

"Follow me." He said, walking back to his cruiser.

Gemini smirked.

"Chief Swan, you're in for a hell of a ride." She said.