15: Warrant

It was raining. Yet it was silent. The beautiful decorations laid still and unused. The wind blew and a music sheet landed at your feet. Elizabeth's wedding... it was a disaster.

You were with her at the altar as her maid of honor. You both kneeled and looked out into the dark ocean, bouquet in hand.

Your hair and clothes stuck to your skin. Water rushed down your face along with your tears.

You heard a faint sound. The marching soldiers felt like they were far away. Far away. Where you should be.

You stood up and faced them. Elizabeth ran up to Will, who was in chains. "Why is this happening?" she cried.

"I don't know," he replied quietly, trying to smile for her sake. "You look beautiful."

"It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding." Elizabeth gave him a small smile.

"Make way!" there was commotion to your left. The Governor. "Let me through. How dare you!" He was not permitted to pass. "Stand your men down at once. Do you hear me?"

A short man you recognized turned around and took off his coat. "Governor Weatherby Swann, it's been too long."

"Cutler Beckett?" asked the Governor.

"It's Lord Becket now, actually," he said. The Governor was allowed to pass.

"Lord or not, you have no reason and no authority to arrest this man," argued the Governor.

"In fact, I do." Lord Beckett was as tactful as ever. "Mr. Mercer?" An older man with sharp lines walked up to Lord Beckett and showed him a folder. "The warrant for the arrest of one William Tuner."

Lord Beckett showed the warrant to the Governor. "This warrant is for Elizabeth Swann," he said.

What. You walked up to the Governor and he showed you.

"It is? That's annoying. My mistake. Arrest her." Elizabeth was arrested.

"On what charges?" exclaimed Elizabeth.

"Aha. Here's the one for William Turner." You took it. "And I have another for a Mr. James Norrington. Is he present?"

"What are the charges?" yelled Elizabeth.

"Commodore Norrington resigned his commission some months ago," you said, trying to keep your voice steady.

"I don't believe that was the answer to the question I asked," he replied, looking you up and down. "and I almost forgot. Here's your warrant, so you don't feel left out."

"Lord Beckett. In the category of questions not answered," started Will

"We are under the jurisdiction of the King's governor of Port Royal," continued Elizabeth. "And you will tell us what we are charged with."

You looked down at the paper. The Governor spoke up "The charge is 'conspiring to set free a man convicted of crimes against the Crown and Empire and condemned to death, for which the.." He stopped.

"For which the punishment, regrettably, is also death," you concluded.

Lord Beckett walked up to you. "Perhaps you remember a certain pirate named Jack Sparrow."

"Captain." You hear Will and Elizabeth say.

"Captain Jack Sparrow," you said. He looked amused and faced Will and Elizabeth.

"Captain Jack Sparrow," he repeated. "Yes, I thought you might."

You were not chained but you were taken away with Will.