flower crowns

Man more epic art by @ARandomPerson- ?? I think so !

TW ~ Anthophobia, Mentions Of Blood

Tommy's POV:

Time moved slowly in the hospital room, and Tommy barely had anything to do to pass the time. There was always someone in the room with him, albeit it Dream, Quackity, Karl, always someone.

Dream was currently sitting on the hospital chair. Tommy glanced over, and it looked like he was asleep, although Tommy couldn't tell, because of the mask.

Tommy felt bad, because around one in the morning, he had woken up to a nightmare. He couldn't remember what happened, or what the nightmare was about, he just remembered being absolutely terrified.

Dream had come to the room literally minutes after he woke up, and sat with Tommy the entire night. Tommy knew he stayed awake the whole time, making sure Tommy didn't wake up again.

He didn't make a noise, so Dream wouldn't be disturbed, but Tommy groaned when he heard a loud voice shout his name.

"Thomasssss!" Quackity smiled, waking up Dream with a startle. Tommy glared at Quackity, who, when he realized what was happening, started to repeatedly apologize to the previously sleeping king. 

"It's okay" Dream smiled with a yawn, rubbing his eyes awake. 

But when Tommy's eye caught on the box behind Quackity's back, and the smell of flowers flooded the room, his breath hitched.

He gripped the comforter, staring at the basket.

Quackity, unbeknownst to the fear on Tommy's face, excitedly asked, "So, Thomás, you know what time it is?" 

Dream, however, did notice, and he looked at Quackity in confusion.

He pulled Quackity's arm, causing him to drop the basket, and whispered into Quackity's ear.

Tommy could only pick up three words. Flowers, Fear, and Gone.

Quackity nodded to his statement, before his eyes widened.

Quackity's POV:

When Quackity helped Tommy rid his fear of flowers back on Earth, he completely forgot about it. 

Fucking roses, of all the things he could have used to put Tommy under anesthesia, he chose a flower.

Of course, it brought back Tommy's fear, what else would it do?

Why hadn't he thought that one through?

When Dream whispered to him, " thought you said his fear of flowers was gone," and his eyes widened in realization, he could feel Dream's glare. 

Dream knew Quackity well, when they met, they had just instantly clicked. Dream didn't have to be a mind reader to know Quackity made a mistake.

"What did you do" he mouthed.

Quackity threw him a look of regret, before pointing at the flower, and then at his nose, and closing his eyes.

Dream stared at him in confusion, before the sharp realization. He stood shocked, before kicking Quackity in the shin.

"Dream" Quackity hissed in pain, kicking the king back. But when they heard heavy breathing, both boys' heads snapped towards the child, who was most likely having a panic attack.

"Tommy," Quackity cooed, grabbing his hands. He helped Tommy sit up in the bed, and then sat next to him, opening his arms. He felt the boy collapse all at once into his hands, at Quackity rolled up his right sleeve, giving his hand to Tommy.

Tommy gripped on to the jester's wrist, squeezing it so hard Quackity was sure the blood was going to stop circulating, but he let the boy do what he needed to calm down.

Dream stood quietly to the side, and Quackity could tell how much Dream wanted to be the one comforting Tommy, how much he regretted the things that happened.

Quackity gave him a small smile, and Dream's face softened. Quackity motioned for him to come over to them, and he reluctantly walked over and sat on the opposite side of the small hospital bed.

Quackity hopped off the bed, after leaning Tommy against Dream instead of him.

Tommy didn't even hesitate, immediately cuddling into Dream's side. Dream sat there, awkwardly wrapping an arm around Tommy, before relaxing and mouthing, "Thank you," to Quackity.

Quackity felt his heart melt at the scene, mouthing a small, "You're welcome."

Tommy's POV:

As he felt Dream play with his hair, Tommy watched Quackity take out flowers from the basket. Tommy hugged Dream tighter, but still never took his eyes off Quackity.

He watched as the jester took out a small white flower, with a small stem on it. Quackity saw Tommy watching him, and showed him the flower. Instead of there being a pistil in the center of the flower, there was a small divot. Quackity pulled out another flower, and thread the stem of the first flower through the divot of the other one, and Tommy tilted his head when he realized the flowers didn't fall apart.

He watched Quackity repeat the steps with flowers of all colors, the chain growing longer and longer. He still didn't let go of Dream, but a small part of him was enticed by the flowers.

The jester connected the ends of the chains, making a circle of flowers.

A flower crown.

Tommy admired the flowers from afar, but when Quackity brought the crown towards Tommy, he inched away from him.

"It's not going to hurt you" Dream whispered, but Tommy glared. "The rose wasn't supposed to hurt me, but did you see what happened to my arm?" he pointed to the heavily bandaged arm, which he could barely move.

"These flowers are babies, they are harmless" Dream smiled, and Tommy looked up at him interested. 

"Baby flowers?"

"Baby flowers," Dream nodded with a chuckle, before carefully grabbing the crown from Quackity's hands.

"Look" Dream smiled, setting his crown to the side, and replacing it with the flowers.

"It isn't hurting you?" Tommy asked, his nerves slowly fading away.

"Baby flowers are absolutely harmless," Dream nodded, before putting the crown on Tommy's head.

He giggled excitedly, still hugging Dream.

"Aw," Quackity said with such a huge smile it looked like it hurt. 

"Awe!" Karl screamed, his eyes peaking out from behind the door.

"Flower Tomster?" he asked excitedly, running up to the child.

"Flower Tomster!" Tommy repeated eagerly.

Maybe baby flowers weren't all so bad.

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later enjoy the story #VotePrime

Love you all :)