HYDRA and the spider *part 2* (Soulmates!AU, Peter Parker)

Peter's P.O.V

Peter stood in the control room, watching Y/N in her cell through the cameras as everyone else looked at her too.

"What do you mean, she's your soulmate?" Natasha scoffed. Peter sighed and looked at them.

"I mean what I said. She stabbed me, like, twenty times through the heart, and yet I'm still standing here. Mr Stark doesn't see how big of a deal that is." Peter mumbled, his eyes flicking to Tony as the man chuckled and folded his arms over his chest.

"I really don't see it as a problem. We go talk to her and find out what type of HYDRA kid she is. If she's the type who's utterly brainwashed, then we use the fact that you're soulmates to try and convert her. Better yet, she turns out to be the type who hates HYDRA too, meaning that she'll be ours immediately. Simple." he shrugged. Peter sighed and looked back at the cameras.

"Fine. I'll go and talk to her." he nodded.

"Wait, we didn't say anything about you talking to her, Pete." Tony scoffed.

"I'm her soulmate, Mr Stark, I'm the one who needs to talk to her." Peter replied.

"And what happens if things go south?" he retorted.

"What's she going to do? Hurt me?" Peter scoffed.

"The kid has a point, Tony. He's the only one who literally cannot be hurt at all by this girl." Steve reasoned. Tony sighed and looked at Peter.

"She's my soulmate, Mr Stark. She's the one who's right for me, I don't get anyone else now. Which means that I need to make this work. Which means that I need to turn her." he nodded. Tony returned it and sighed again.

"Alright, Pete. Go talk to her. We'll be here if you need us." he reassured.

"Thanks, Mr Stark." he mumbled before heading through to the control room that held Y/N's cell in it.

Y/N's P.O.V

I sat with my back against the glass wall of the cell, staring into space as I waited for someone to tell me what was going on. After being knocked out by Captain America, I had woken up in this cell, god knows how many hours later. And I was guessing that I hadn't completed my mission. I looked over my shoulder as I heard the door open, a sigh leaving my lips as Peter Parker walked in, his body still clad in his suit but the mask no longer covering his face. I stood up, our gazes staying on each other as he walked to the other side of the glass. I gulped, trying not to blush as he subtly looked down at my lips before looking back at my eyes. If the situation before hadn't been enough to tell me that the boy was my soulmate, the warm and loving feeling that was occupying my chest was telling me everything that I needed to know. I could safely assume that Peter was experiencing the same feeling as he opened his mouth to speak.

"You seem intelligent. So I assume that you've figured out that we're soulmates." he nodded. I bit my lip and returned the nod, making him sigh and look back down before looking back at me.

"There's something that I need to know, though. What's your relationship with HYDRA?" he asked. My eyebrows furrowed, my mind not understanding the question.

"What?" I scoffed.

"Some people like you get brainwashed into thinking that HYDRA is the only good thing in the world. Others hate HYDRA for robbing them of normal lives. Which one are you?" he asked as he crossed his arms over his chest. I scoffed and nodded, a smile on my lips as I looked down. I looked back up at him, making his eyes widen slightly as he saw the tears pricking my eyes.

"HYDRA killed my parents and kidnapped me when I was only six. They forced me into the experiments that led to my powers. They let me out into the world a year ago, after training me non-stop for fourteen years in order to complete missions that they sent me. I've been trying to escape from them ever since. But that's hard when HYDRA owns you." I nodded, a tear leaving my eye. Peter looked at me, his eyes heartbroken.

"I'm sorry. I had no idea that they'd done that to you." he shook his head. I chuckled slightly and shrugged as I tried to hide how much it really hurt.

"It is what it is. But trust me, Peter. I didn't want to kill you. I did it because I knew that I'd be killed if I failed." I admitted. He sighed and gave me a small smile.

"I was sent in here to see if I could turn you, since we're soulmates. I'm guessing that the answer is yes." he nodded. My eyes widened and I choked at his words.

"Yes. Oh my god, I would kill to have you guys save me from HYDRA." I choked and shook my head. A small smile formed on the boy's lips as he looked at me.

"Right answer." he smiled before looking at the camera above the door. He waved his hand, making my eyebrows furrow. My question as to what he was doing got answered as the glass door started to open, making me gulp as Peter walked into the cell. I gulped and looked at him.

"Hey." he smiled. I bit my lip.

"I hate you already." I replied sarcastically, making him laugh as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight hug. He returned it immediately, his face nustling into my neck. I sighed out and let my eyes flutter shut as my body dissolved further into his. My body felt warm, my heart completely happy as I hugged the boy. It was strange thinking that I'd known him for all of five minutes, and yet it felt like I'd been with him for years. Yet more evidence that he was my soulmate. Peter pulled away but only enough to look at my face as I looked up at him. He gave me a small smile before leaning down and pressing our lips together softly. I returned the kiss, holding his face as his hands held my waist. Everything about this just felt right, and I loved it. Peter broke the kiss and smiled at me before pulling me into another hug.

~Six months later~

I raised my hands and fired my energy at the targets, making them explode.

"That was amazing! Look at you!" Wanda exclaimed, making me laugh as she hugged me tightly. Since the Avengers had saved me from HYDRA, life had gotten a lot better. Due to being soulmates, Peter and I had an unbreakable bond from the first moment that we'd met and so were only days away from enjoying our six-month anniversary. As for the rest of the team, they were now like family to me. Wanda had quickly taken me under her wing since we shared powers and had been teaching me how to use them for good ever since. My relationship with Tony had been the thing that had come by surprise. He had quickly discovered that I was intelligent enough to help him fix his broken robots and suits, and so he had become like the dad that I had never had, the pair of us sometimes spending hours bonding over wires and circuit boards.

"I need Y/N up here, Wanda, I need help with a suit." Tony's voice sounded through the intercom.

"Can it not wait? My time isn't up." she groaned. I couldn't help but smile. I'd never had people fighting to spend time with me before.

"Not really. It's a dangerous fix, and Pete might get electrocuted, so I need Y/N to do it so that she can't hurt him." he chuckled, making Wanda playfully roll her eyes as she looked at me.

"Go." she chuckled, laughing as I squealed and ran out of the training centre.

"You summoned?" I asked, making Peter and Tony look up as I walked into the lab.

"Yeah, we need your help with this." Tony nodded. I returned it, sitting on Peter's lap as I got to them. His hands found my waist and he rested his head on my shoulder as I looked at the circuit board.

"What the fuck have you boys been doing to mess it up this badly?" I mumbled as I grabbed the soldering iron.

"Well, that's Pete's chest spider. He got shot during training." Tony admitted. My eyes widened, as did Peter's.

"We agreed not to tell her." he spoke through gritted teeth, smiling as I looked at him.

"You're an idiot." I scoffed.

"An idiot that you love, though?" he smiled.

"I suppose." I jokingly sighed, though still smiling as he tightly hugged me and kissed my cheek.