|25|

Fray

     When we finally enter the Palace, a deep sense of rightness stoles through me. Rytaria is where I come from. It is what I know. I had always thought that it was home, and in a way it is, but I've found another home. A more permanent home.

     Soleil.

     I watch her constantly as we exit the ship and enter the palace. As soon as my feet touched the soil, my mission was over, and I can focus on more important things.

     Lacing my fingers with her much smaller ones, I lead her through my world.

     Glancing at her soft stomach, I picture a kit growing inside her belly. Though Soleil's stomach is already round, something I love and worship about her perfect body, once I put a child in her, her stomach will stretch and grow even rounder. I cannot wait for that. Her body is so beautiful.

      And I get to enjoy her every night. I never knew such passion and love existed.

     But more than anything, I treasure her spirit and her heart. I have never met anyone like Soleil, male or female. She is the only one for me.

     She always has a smile, and she's kind to everyone around her. As soon as I'm off duty she attacks me with snuggles, and before long it escalates into something more. I thoroughly enjoy every moment of it.

     It is time to finish my mission officially so I can have her all to myself once again. I'm becoming a greedy, dependent male. I could not be more happy about it.

      Putting my hand on the small of Soleil's back, I trail behind the hoard of human females and Rytarian warriors.

      Soleil chats with her friend and mother, hardly glancing at me. Soon, we're waking through the great halls, guards accompanying us. All the females mumble to each other, staring at the magnificent walls and portraits. The palace is filled with luxury that they are not used to.

      They will all know this luxury every day if they wish it. After all, the choosing ceremony for mates will consist of the most elite warriors in our scociety. It is a privilege to have a mate, and the worthy will have the first chance.

      I stare ahead at the males and females, seemingly already pairing off. Many females have already gotten comfortable with a male. It is amazing to see.

      "Are we going to meet the Emporor?" Soleil murmurs to me, worry in her tone.

     I raise my eyebrows down at her.

     "Yes."

      "Like, right now?" She presses, and I smile in amusement.

      "Yes. He is anxious to see the females." I say, and my smile disappears when I get a glimpse of her precious face.

      She looks scared, her face pale. Concern takes hold of me, and I tuck hair behind her ear, palming her small face in my hand.

      "What is wrong my sweet mate? What troubles you?" I wonder, and she bites her very tempting bottom lip.

      "I don't know. I've never met royalty before. I'm kind of nervous." She confides, squeezing my hand a little bit tighter.

      "It will be alright. He is a good friend of mine, and very friendly, there is no reason to worry." She does not respond, so I lift her chin to look up at me as we continue walking.

      "Alright?" I ask gently, and she smiles a small smile that makes my heart melt. She nods, and looks forward, no more hesitation in her gaze.