Chapter 11

"What is it doing here?" Ron asked, holding the sword steadily in his hands. 

You were just as shocked as any of them to find that there. "How could that be? Just a couple of years it was at Hogwarts!" You said, in a surprised tone. You were struggling to understand how the sword could be inside the cabin you used to live in a long while ago, when you saw the sword a couple of years ago. 

"I don't know, but why would it be here?" Harry asked, staring at the blade on Ron's hands. 

Hermione was staring at the sword and she noticed how there was a little glimmer on it. Her face lit up and she hurriedly went to the living room to the bags to look for something. "Where is the locket, Harry!" Hermione exclaimed, frantically searching the bags as she shouted. 

"Why?" Harry asked, running towards her to help her look for the bag. You and Ron exchanged a look and hurriedly ran towards them as well. Ron didn't let go of the sword but helped you unpack some of the bag you were holding in the air. Hermione didn't respond right away as she was stressing, trying to find the locket desperately. 

"I found it," Ron said, holding up the locket and walking towards Hermione. 

"No, don't. You are going to have to destroy it," Hermione said, getting up from the mess the four of you made on the floor.

Ron looked concerned and asked, "Why me?" He looked at the locket nervously, observing the green "S" on it. He locked eyes with Harry. They both nervously looked at the sword at the same time. 

Hermione recollected herself and said, "It doesn't matter whether it is you or Harry. We will have to destroy it. Today." 

"I know. But how?" Ron asked, waving the sword aimlessly. 

You cleared your throat and said, "I'm guessing Ron, mind you, I could be wrong, with the sword you are aimlessly waving around that is way to close to my face." You stepped back, protecting your head with your hand. 

Ron stopped moving his arms and said nervously, "Sorry, y/n. Wait, how am I meant to destroy it with this?" 

Hermione let out an annoyed exhale and said carefully, "If I am not mistaken, that time when Harry killed that basilisk with this sword, it still has basilisk venom on it." 

Harry's face gleamed and he said excitedly, "Then, what are we doing here? Let's go destroy it!" Harry made his way towards the exit of the cabin. You smiled as he had this new glimmer in his eyes. This wasn't a good place to joke or even smile, but you couldn't help it. You gestured with a tilt of your head, to follow Harry outside, making Hermione and Ron walk behind you. 

Once you were out of the door, you looked up into the night sky, liking how the many stars in the sky illuminated the ground you were on. You let out an exhale, watching how some little water vapor exited your mouth. "It's cold, but let's do this in a hurry," you commented, hugging yourself in your arms. 

"Agreed," Ron replied, groaning at the heavy weight from the sword. Ron handed the locket to Harry. Harry had the locket ready and you followed Hermione to the side of the hill, making space for Harry and Ron to work their magic. 

"That was brilliant," you complimented, smiling at Hermione. 

Hermione smiled back and asked, "What was?" You shrugged and said, "How you put two and two together. That's actually really incredible how you were able to do so." She thrived off that compliment and said, "Thank you, y/n. I just hope they don't mess this up." You chuckled, watching two distant bodies behind you, talking to each other, as they argued on how they are going to do it. "Me too," you replied, smiling as you saw Harry look back at the both of you.