22•|DIFFERENT|

/CHAPTER TWENTY TWO/

уσυ'яє вяσкєи ∂σωи αи∂ тιяє∂
σf ℓινιиg ℓιfє σи α мєяяу gσ яσυи∂
αи∂ уσυ ¢αи'т fιи∂ тнє fιgнтєя
вυт ι ѕєє ιт ιи уσυ ѕσ ωє gσииα ωαℓк ιт συт
αи∂ мσνє мσυитαιиѕ
ωє gσииα ωαℓк ιт συт
αи∂ мσνє мσυитαιиѕ
~ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓐ ⓓⓐⓨ~
❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡❡

(Dedication: Opurum_ she messaged me yesterday and I just had to type an update quickly after being lazy throughout the week, I guess it's the aftermath of malaria and cold😂😂😂)

~LILY~

Relief washed over me as I watched chase enter into the class. He wasn't in school yesterday, Monday, which made me worry. He walked towards his sit with both his hands in his pocket, I was mollified that he was well, at the same time he didn't look so well physically.

His eyes were red and swollen like he lacked sleep, his whole demeanor looked very sad and disconsolate, he walked like he wasn't aware of his surroundings, like a zombie. He didn't even respond to the greetings thrown at him by some of our classmates. That chase looked way different from the normal smiling chase, he looked. . . drawn out of this world. I watched till he finally sat down on his seat, he removed his hands from his pocket and rested it on his desk, that's when I noticed his hands.

They were bandaged. Both his wrist were bandaged and the sleeve of his shirt were rolled up to his elbow. He wasn't even wearing his blazer, he just seemed really off, disconnected from reality.

Like it wasn't Chase. He just seemed. . .he seemed too different from normal Chase.

And how does normal Chase look like? my subconscious self asked.

Smiling and normal? I answered it.

The bell for assembly reverberated through the whole class, and most of my classmates started moving out for assembly. I looked at Chase and he didn't seem ready to go for the assembly, because he didn't even move an inch, he just kept staring into space. I was worried about him. I wanted to know what was wrong with him, though I knew I might not had been able to help, I was really just curious.

"It's time for assembly," I removed my gaze from Chase and met with Faree who was the only one in class apart from me and Chase, she was staring at either me or chase I couldn't exactly tell, but I nodded before she exited the class. I stood from the chair I occupied, shifting my desk back, so, I could pass out freely. I even made sure to make a little noise with my desk hoping it would snap Chase back from space to reality, but I was wrong. He was far away from reality, because the sound of my desk didn't even snap him back.

I walked slowly to the door, making sure I made a noise with the low heel of my shoe, so that it would also snap Chase out of his thoughts. I was already at the entrance of the door when I turned back and saw chase, still seated, staring into space, meaning my small heel stunt didn't work also, because he didn't even seem to notice me. I conducted a mini debate with my mind; on whether I should go meet him to tell him about the assembly or maybe I should just ignore and leave for the assembly.

But he is your friend; I thought and the opposing team in my mini debate came out victorious, so, I walked slowly to Chase seat, my head facing the floor because I felt really uneasy going over to meet him and the fact that we were alone in the class made me more uncomfortable. I stood by the side of his desk nevertheless i still didn't think he noticed me.