𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟏𝟓𝟑𝟒

𝟒𝟎𝟎 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐒?! 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔!

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 @𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐧_𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 , @𝐥𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐞𝟏𝟕 𝐚𝐧𝐝 @𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐮𝐰𝐮𝟖𝟗𝟎𝟑 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠!! 𝐈𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭!

"𝐔𝐡- 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞." 𝐘/𝐧 spoke softly, though loud enough for the stranger to hear.

He pivoted around, dropping his book, and shot her a warm smile.

"Hi! What's your name?" The brunet asked, smiling.

"Oh- my name's Y/n." She replied, taking a seat on the soft grass.

"It's nice to meet you Y/n. My name's Wilbur."  Wilbur introduced, swinging his legs around the branch, making them dangle. 

"It's nice to meet you too. Can I ask why you're here?" The girl inquired, looking up at the boy's soft brown eyes.

"Well, I only discovered this place this morning. There weren't many people here, so I figured this'd be a good place to collect my thoughts, y'know? Oh- wait, is this your place? I'm sorry, I'll get going. It was delightful talking to you, though." He realized, jumping off the branch and landing gracefully on the green grass.

"No, no. You don't need to go. I find your company enjoyable." Y/n stopped, swiftly getting up to stop her newfound friend.

"Are you sure? Because it seems-" The brunet started, but was cut off.

"I'm sure. Plus, it's nice to be talking to someone who isn't rude." She assured, remembering the time she tried to befriend two mean girls. 

"Alright." Wilbur hesitated, before looking at the nearby branch he was just on, and the girl. "Hey, do you wanna come take a seat beside me? It's an amazing view."

"I can try. I don't really know how to climb a tree..." The y/h/c haired girl trailed off, glancing at the branch.

"No worries. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy. Plus, I'm sure you'll be able to do it." He stated, jumping up and grabbing the low branch, then using all his strength to pull himself up. He quickly swung his legs over so he wouldn't fall, and looked down at his new friend. "See?"

Y/n was pretty impressed, she had to admit. 

Nodding, she eyed the branch steadily. She wouldn't be able to grasp it just by jumping. Unfortunately, Wilbur was way taller then she was, so she had to take a leap of faith.

Taking a few steps back, the girl kept her y/e/c eyes on the target, and sprinted over to it. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. She leaped, reaching for the sturdy branch and was about to grasp it, a determined look on her face. Alas, she missed by just a few millimetres, and came tumbling down the grass, stunned of that failure.

The girl landed on her side, but it wasn't a huge fall, so she wasn't injured. Maybe just a minor bruise.

"Y/n! Are you okay?!" Her friend fretted, about to jump off the branch, but Y/n raised a hand to stop him, swiftly getting back up.

"I'm fine, probably just a small bruise." She assured, rubbing her arm a bit before observing her target. "I'm gonna try again."

"You sure you don't want me to help you?" The brunet verified, looking a bit uncertain.