𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜

𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛

steve was weak, exhausted, and desperate

steve was weak, exhausted, and desperate. he watched over every possible video clip from the day of your death, searching for a possibility that you were still alive.
"steve please, i can't bear to see you like this" natasha spoke quietly from the doorway. she was hesitant around the man now, he was fragile, and the last thing she wanted was for him to crack.
natasha slowly approached steve, who racked his hands through his hair, bags gathered beneath his eyes due to his lack of sleep.
"i need answers nat. that's all. you either help, or leave me alone" his voice broke as his eyes grazed over a clip of you laughing alongside him and natasha, a mere hour before your death.
"she's gone steve. i saw everything, i saw a bullet rip through her, i know it's hard but you've got to move on. we all have to" natasha's hard exterior shattered as the memories came flooding back like a living nightmare.
the women grasped ahold of steve's arms and pulled him in for a hug, his shoulder shook as she rested her head against it.
"i loved her" the man pulled away from natasha, turning his back to her. the tears began to fall.
"i know steve. i know"
the two avengers spent the rest of the evening watching all the many videos you would film on the cam recorder steve had gifted you.
the fond memories out-weighing the negatives, occasional tears slipping out among the many laughs.
steve paused the video on a frame of you giggling, and smiled weakly.
"i never got to tell her how i felt"
natasha held the super soldiers hand in her own, rubbing circles with her thumb.
"she knew. y/n loved you steve, she always did."