Chapter 13 | Flames

"Jared, hang up!" I hissed, attempting to grab the phone from my brother, but he wheeled backwards, scowling at me.

"Who is this? Why do you keep calling us?" demanded Jared.

"It's someone messing with us, just hang up!" I ordered, causing Jared to quieten me, shaking his head, his brown hair flopping down onto his forehead.

"You've got a very bossy older sister Jared," grumbled the man from the phone, his voice like venom, causing me to jump out of my skin.

"How does he know your name? How does he know who we are?" I whispered, looking at a wide eyed Jared.

The voice chuckled, his huskiness almost causing me to gag. "You two were a mistake."

Jared gazed down at the phone, his hand shaking as he growled, but the caller had hung up, causing Jared to curse under his breath. He started fumbling around with his phone, his eyes turning a dark stormy colour.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, swallowing.

"Calling him back."

I shook my head, snatching the phone from Jared's shaking hands. "No, do not talk to him. Block the number!"

"Clara, give me my phone back now!" yelled Jared, causing our father to run in, his face masked with concern.

"Woah, woah, guys, what is going on in here?" questioned my father, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Another cold caller called. He knew our names,"said Jared, flailing his arms up in the air.

My father pinched the bridge of his nose, shaking his head. "Block the number. It's someone pranking us."

"But Dad-"

"Block the number Jared!" ordered my Dad, storming out of the room, mumbling to himself. Jared turned to me, shooting a glare in my direction.

"Seriously Jared, don't call him back," I growled, plopping Jared's phone down on his lap as I made my way up to my room, flopping down on my bed, pulling the covers over my head, closing my eyes and sighing deeply, enjoying the feeling of oxygen filling up my lungs, causing them to expand.

I didn't care that I had dampened my sheets, I was far too stressed and confused to pay attention.

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through my abdomen, causing me to gasp. Sitting up, I clutched my stomach as I quietly hissed to myself, waiting until it slowly disappeared.

I dragged myself into the bathroom, gazing at myself in the mirror, not enjoying what I saw looking back at me.

My face was masked with stress, and my undereye bags were darker than normal; my skin even paler. I brushed my wet dark hair back, stepping in the shower, allowing the steamy hot water to stream down my body, almost burning my skin.

I allowed Dylan to invade my thoughts, images of him appearing as I relaxed, unable to think of anything besides my mate.

A dull throb started at the back of my head, causing me to groan to myself, ducking my head right under the shower head, allowing the water to soak my long hair all the way through.

I spent what felt like hours in the shower, eventually sitting down with my back pressed against the shower wall; my knees tucked up to my naked chest. I finally shut the water off, stepping out and wrapping myself in a fluffy towel, drying my soft skin.

I pulled on a pair of black spandex shorts and a white training top, looking out the window, seeing the sun start to set.

My body didn't feel up to training with Dylan, but I didn't want to turn him down, especially since he had offered to do such a kind favour for my brother. I plodded downstairs with wet hair, allowing it to drip down my back, enjoying the feeling of it on my over heating body.