Chapter 45

Evie’s POV

“Wow!! This place is amazing!!” We aren’t even at the front entrance yet but Donny is already amazed. “Those water slides are so tall!” Donny points towards the park.

“You wanna get on my shoulders lil man?” Tony bends down to Donny’s level. “You can see even more.”

“Yes!” Donny jumps on Tony’s shoulders and I take Emily’s hand as we walk through the parking lot.

“There’s a lot of people here today,” Emily says.

“Yeah. There is,” I agree. “You and Donny gotta stay close so we don’t lose each other, okay?”

“Okay.”

We finally get up to the front gate and are admitted into the park. Donny gets off Tony’s shoulders and I let go of Emily’s hand so I can hold Tony’s.

“Wow!! This place is even bigger on the inside!” Donny and Emily go running towards the first water ride they see and Tony and I have to chase after them.

When we finally catch up, I’m out of breath so Tony does the talking for me.

“Remember what Evie said? You guys have to stay close so you don’t get lost.”

“Sorry,” Emily apologizes. “We just got really excited.”

“It’s okay.” Tony takes their hands. “We just gotta go get a locker and put our stuff down first. Plus we can’t go on the rides with our clothes on top of our swimsuits.”

“Oh yeah!” Donny jumps. “I forgot. Come on Evie!” He grabs my hand and we all walk quickly towards the nearest lockers. When we get there, I help Emily out of her sundress and slather some sunscreen onto her back. Tony does the same with Donny and I can’t help but smile.

When they're all changed, I slip my shorts and tank top off. My bikini top is white with black polka dots and my bottoms are red, just like my shorts. I catch Tony staring and give him a side smirk as he tries to cover up his embarrassment. He slips his shirt off and now it's my turn to admire him.

“You gonna sit there and stare all day mamas or are we gonna take our brother and sister on some rides?”

“Rides please!!” Donny and Emily laugh. I start to get a little embarrassed but laugh it off.

“Okay, okay.” I shove all our stuff into a locker then insert two quarters for our rental fee and set a code. “Let’s go!!”

The closest attraction to us is a giant water slide that claims to send riders down at about 40 miles an hour. We have to climb over a hundred steps to get to the top. The maximum riders per go is two.

“Can I ride with you?” Emily asks as soon as she sees the sign.

“Sure. Donny, you gonna go with Tony?”

He already has his arms wrapped around Tony’s legs.

“Next!” A short lifeguard ushers Emily and I towards the slide entrance. I sit down first and Emily sits on my lap. “You go when I blow the whistle.”

I nod and the lifeguard lady looks down to the bottom of the slide where another lifeguard is waiting. They give each other a thumbs up and I hear the whistle.

“You ready?” I ask Emily.

“Yup!!” She puts her hands up and I scoot forwards until the water catches us and sends us down the waterslide.

We shoot down the tunnel and I feel us speed. I didn’t want to believe it but this slide is definitely taking us about 40 miles an hour, maybe even more. Emily squeals the whole way down.

“THAT WAS AWESOME!” Emily jumps up and down when we get to the bottom of the slide.

I laugh. “It was huh? Now lets see Donny and Tony.”

The lifeguard ushers us to the other side of a fence where we wait for Donny and Tony to come down the slide.

A few seconds later, we hear high pitched screaming and it’s none other than Donny. The screaming gets louder as the boys get closer. They finally reach the end and Donny has the biggest smile on his face that I’ve ever seen.

“THAT WAS AMAZING!!” Donny screams. He grabs Tony’s hand and comes rushing towards us. “Can we go again? Please!”

“Maybe later Donny. There are still so many rides to see. I’m sure you’ll find one even better than this one.”

“Okay! Okay! Let’s go!” He starts running towards another ride and we all follow.

“I’m getting cold,” Emily says. It’s about 7pm and the sun is starting to set. We are in line for an inner tube ride that takes you around a lazy river.

“Maybe this will be our last ride?” Tony bends down and wraps his arms around Emily.

“Okay.” She shivers a little.

After the lazy river, we towel off and change into warmer clothes. Thankfully I packed a pair of sweatpants for both me and Donny. I help Emi towel off her hair and then we start to head out of the park. I am holding Emily in my arms and her head is on my shoulder. She starts to fall asleep but not before we pass a funnel cake shack near the park’s exit.

“What’s a funnel cake Tony?” Donny is holding Tony’s hand and points to the shack.

“You wanna find out?” Tony asks.

Emily perks up. “I wanna find out.”

We end up ordering an extra funnel cake with a ton of toppings. There’s ice cream, whipped cream, strawberries, powdered sugar and chocolate syrup.

Emily and Donny shove as much funnel cake into their mouths as possible. I take my time and Tony only eats the ice cream.

“This is even better than the water slides!” Donny screams.

“I agree!” The two finish most of the funnel cake themselves.

“Today was good,” I say resting my shoulder on Tony’s. We’re riding the bus home and Emily and Donny are out cold in the row in front of us.

“It really was.” Tony kisses my forehead.

“Can I have another one?” I ask.

“Another what?”

“Another forehead kiss.”

“Sure mamas.” He kisses me again. “You can have as many as you want.”