39"

Days had passed and Viola ran down towards the quidditch pitch dragging Neville behind her making him stumble a little as they went

Viola had wanted some good seats for the tournament only to find out that they wouldn't be able to see a thing due to the towering hedges of the mazes.

The group of friends sat along with the other Gryffindor students, all clad in their scarves and jumpers eagerly awaiting the third and final tournament to begin.

The champions entered the pitch as the crowed cheered louder.

"Silence!" Dumbledore boomed making the band stop playing their music and the chattering stop "earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now, as Mr diggory and Mr Potter are tied for first place" a loud applauded boomed from the Hogwarts students "they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr Krum and Miss delacour. The first person to tough the cup will be the winner! I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. If any contestant wishes to leave the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wand. Contestants! Gather around!"

Dumbledore huddled around the champions whispering quietly.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves! On the count of three! One..."

As soon as Dumbledore started the countdown filch let the cannon off on one.

Viola rolled her eyes "well that was predictable"

"You would think they'd make a more enjoyable task" Seamus huffed

"Tell me about it" Viola replied "half of the fucking time we've been looking at nothing. It's a waste of my precious time"

"Precious time? All you do is Sleep, play quidditch and violate potter and Weasley" Dean laughed

"Don't hate. That's sounds like the most fun ever" Viola defended "this musics getting really irritating. Do they not know any other songs. It's going to be ringing in my brain even when I'm buried 10 feet under"

Fleur had already been retrieved from the maze after a flurry of Red lights and Harry, Cedric and Viktor had yet to return.

"You know, I'm thinking of just dipping at this point" Viola yawned as she rested against Neville

"You can't just leave"

"Watch me"

She was about to take off her scarf to leave with Neville just as a large cheer echoed around her. Spinning around she saw Harry and Cedric lying on the ground. The cup in Harry's hand. The music picked up again as everyone laughed and jumped around. Happy that the two Hogwarts students had won together.

Viola just stood and stared.

It wasn't right.

He wasn't moving.

Fleur let out an ear piercing shriek as she cupped her hand over her mouth.

Dumbledore rushed forward, assessing the situation as the music faded.

"Harry!" Dumbledore shouted running forward and pulling him off of Cedrics dead body.

"No! No!" Harry screamed fighting out of his grip and latching onto Cedric

"For god sake Dumbledore! What's happened?" Cornelius Fudged asked, also running over.

"He's back! He's back!" Harry shouted, his voice breaking slightly "Voldemort, he's back! Cedric... he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there" Harry sobbed.

The Hogwarts students backed away quickly, unsure and in shock.

"It's alright Harry. It's alright" Dumbledore said taking Harry's head in his hands "he's home, you both are"

"Keep everyone in their seats!" Cornelius instructed hastily.

The surrounding people murmured in worry as they watched the scene unfold, unsure of what was happening. Violas heart clenched as she squeezed Nevilles hand harder, an action he greatly appreciated at the moment.

"Let me through!" Amos Diggory exclaimed pushing through the crowd and running up to his son "let me through...that's my son! That's my boy!" Amos sobbed dropping down onto his knees beside Cedric body "my boy!" He wailed as tears rolled down his cheeks in ferocious rivers.

"Come on, come on" Mad eye said hoisting Harry up "easy, easy. This is not where you want to be right now"

Viola grabbed deans other hand holding it tightly as Mr Diggory let out another heart wrenching cry.

An eerie silence fell over everyone. The only sound the traumatic cries of Amos Diggory over his deceased son.

———————————————————————————
A/N

Deadric had entered the chat.

This is controversial but Cedrics death didn't really affect me.
When I found out he was dead I was like... oh anyways.

Maybe I'm just a psychopath.