012

╔═══════封印═══════╝

╔═══════
封印
═══════╝

"yoshino, stay behind me", kiyo ushered as the boy had hesitantly stood behind the girl, wondering how the roles had suddenly reversed.

"wow! a beautiful and protective woman! how charming", mahito mocked, to which kiyo had kept up a neutral expression.

the girl's grip on yoshino tightened as she knew that mahito wouldn't be an easy one to take care of, especially since he could talk and act like a human, which meant that he was a high-level yōkai.

"though you don't have to worry, as I'm just here to talk...really!!", the blue-haired male smiled.

"then speak", kiyo commanded.

"ooh, so demanding~ well you see, our great demon king's been having a bit of trouble releasing his full powers with that bracelet that you so kindly gave him. how about you take it off of him and I'll spare that boy behind you?", mahito nicely offered.

"no thanks", kiyo smiled, making an irk mark appear on mahito's forehead.

"then don't blame me for being rough", mahito grinned as his arms had immediately elongated and distorted into spikes, to which kiyo had hastily spun the scared yoshino around and hugged him, forcing his head to dip down and onto her shoulder.

with the spikes about to hit the duo, yoshino had expected a quick death until he felt no penetration throughout his body.

in fact, he felt a warmness emit from the girl that he was bashfully embracing.

with the spikes a few inches away from every part of the girl's body, yoshino gulped as he felt that if he were to even move in the slightest, they'd be pricked.

casually waving her hand, the spikes around them had suddenly all fallen onto the ground in pieces, having to have seemed to been horizontally chopped up like a carrot.

though that didn't harm mahito, as his regeneration ability was beyond that of a normal demon's.

"say, what do you think came first? the body or the soul?", mahito asked as his legs had mutated into that of a horse's, making him travel exceedingly faster as he charged towards the duo.

"I believe they both came first", kiyo honestly replied, narrowly swerving away from mahito's punches as the male's body had twisted around the girl, though still not being able to touch her sacred body.

"funny. I believe the soul should always exist first so that the body could be modeled from the shape of the soul", mahito huffed as he spat out some small human figures from his mouth.