𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
☔︎︎
𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞,𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

Mario used his crutches to walk through the door, leading to the main hallway of the high school. Heads shot his way, surprised to see the young male walking through the halls.

"I thought he died?" He overheard a student say, making him frown a little. "Girl me too," the friend replied.

C'Xenna overheard the conversation too. She thought about walking over and confronting them, but decided against it.

A lot of people viewed her as weak, soft, a spoiled brat, etc, but they knew one thing she didn't play about was her boyfriend. They've been together for years and didn't plan on splitting anytime soon.

As they continued their stroll through the halls, they began to drown out and ignore people's comments about his situation. "Yo," he called, peering over to her.

"Huh?" She turned, looking up at him, slightly confused from her name being called, adjusting the two backpacks on her shoulder. He hated that she was carrying his bag, but he could barely do it on his own.

"This shit starting to irritate me. Muhfuckas really thought I was dead?"

She slowly nodded, gulping down her spit. "Yea, bub' rumors spread fast," she lifted the Iced latte she bought at the local Dunkin Donuts to her lips, taking a sip.

"Yea, hella' fast," he mumbled, coming to a stop with her at her locker. She opened the locker quickly, grabbing her books and pencils. Looking around the hall, Mario began to feel his old feelings while at school. It was bland. Everyone had almost the same thing due to the fact the private school had a uniform dress code, and crowds blocked the lockers, same old, same old. "What's my 1st period?" He asked her, slickly looking at her back side.

"Chemistry," she answered him. He nodded, watching someone approach them.

"Oh my gosh, hey Mario. I haven't seen you in a while huh?" The short, dark skinned girl asked while raking her fingers through her long sew in. Her albino friend, Tay trailed behind her as well, tapping away on her phone . "You missed a lot in history, I'll help you catch up though--if you want," she said as if his girlfriend wasn't aware of her shenanigans.

"Nah, I'm good." "He's good." They said at the same time, looking at her.

Jada rolled her eyes before looking over at C'Xenna. "How you gon' tell me what he is? I was just trying to help him with his work, damn. Don't be insecure."

"Right," her friend co-signed.

Mario was a handsome young man. He had a mocha complexion, his skin was clear, and his tapered fro was in braids that his girlfriend did for him last night. There was no doubt that Mario was attractive, but what really drew females to him were his piercings. Both of his ears were pierced and he had a cartilage piercing in his right ear. The two of them had gotten the piercing together in the summer of last year spontaneously, the only difference was that C'Xenna's was on the left ear.

C'Xenna's face stayed in its resting look. Jada's slick remark didn't phase her, she wasn't insecure. "Alright, well he said it himself, he doesn't need your help...bye," she chuckled at the end. Jada smacked her teeth, turning away. "Hoe ass," she mumbled.

"Why you calling her a hoe?" He looked over at her, chuckling, slightly pushing her with his elbow.

C'Xenna scoffed, fixing the top-knot bun that sat on her head. "'Cause she is a hoe, Tay is too. Two hoes in a pod."

"Chill out," he told her, laughing softly.

"Come on," she pushed the locker shut, beginning to walk.