Hello?

I awoke to find myself still sat up against the bathroom door. Quietly, I stood up, and opened the door. Pretty girl was nowhere to be seen. My sadness still felt so heavy. As I wandered around the house, more tears dripped down my chin. Wet spots were left on my uniform, only to evaporate a second later.

There wasn't a single sound in the home. I found this strange, up until I realized how darkened the room had become. She must be in bed... oh...

Slowly, I went up the stairs as to not make any noise. When I got to the top, I was surprised to find her sat on her bed with some sort of device on her lap. The thing reminded me of her telephone except the screen was larger. Almost like, a television with a keyboard. Oh god... what if it blows up!?

My eyes watched in horror as she tapped each key fairly quickly. The screen shown bright in the dark room, changing colors every now and then. I stood frozen, waiting for something to happen. If it explodes... I'll save her... yeah...

But it never did explode. She just, sat there, tapping away. Quietly, I stepped towards her, closer. Then, she shivered, and gazed up. It seemed as if she was looking at me. Her eyes darted around the area I stood. Is she... looking at me?

To answer that, no, she couldn't see me. But something told her that I was there. She sensed me, I guess you could say.

"Hello?" She asked. I stayed quiet, becoming increasingly freaked out by this, "Are you there?" I was too nervous and scared to speak, "Of course there isn't a ghost in my house!" She sighed, "I'm just going insane."

Pretty girl gazed around one more time before going back to tapping the scary device. I decided not to get any closer, and just, sat in the middle of the bedroom with my knees to chest. My eyes kept to her.

What would she think if she found me? Maybe... throw me out... but I don't want her to do that... I like her... would she like me? A ghost? Who's to say?

She then sighed, folding the device in half. It became so skinny and flat. Woah...

I kept watching, confused by it all. That was when, she got up, and walked through me. She's so pretty...

But stopped in her tracks just after passing through me. She turned around, with a strange look on her face.

"Hello?" She asked, "Anyone?" I didn't say a word, "I heard that. You said, she's so pretty." I didn't speak! What!? How!? I didn't speak! I didn't!

"Ugh, who am I kidding? I'm driving myself insane..." She left the room. I still sat on the floor, listening to the bathroom door opening and closing. How did that happen? How did she hear me? I didn't say a word!

I gazed up at the ceiling. Maybe I should say something... but what?

A few minutes later she walked back into the room, humming a song I didn't know. She began shivering almost immediately. Her hums came to a stop when she stood in front of me.

I gazed up at her from the floor, trying to find the words to say, but found myself falling short of. My mouth even hung open, wanting to speak a set of words I could not find. She took a step forward, now standing through me. What if I scare her away?

"Scare who away?" She asked. I couldn't believe my ears. How is this possible? I'm not even speaking!

"Then, how can I hear you?" I moved away from her so she no longer stood through me. This is so odd...

"Hello?" She could no longer hear my thoughts, "Hello?"

After waiting a moment more, she sighed, then rubbed her tired eyes, and yawned. I watched as she climbed under her blankets, and stared up at the ceiling. Adorable... so adorable...