Arlo's Character Development and Feelings

He didn't know when he started to develop feelings for a certain healer, romantic feelings were the last thing he wanted. He wanted to remain King for as long as he could, he wanted to ace everything, he wanted to keep Wellston at #1. He wanted a lot of things but not everything is about what he wants.

He's learned a lot from the last few months, he's grateful for the experiences but it did take a while for him to realize that not everything revolves around him. The Joker incident was unfortunate but it cleared his view on a lot of things. He was able to see that the hierarchy isn't everything. It kept things intact but it wasn't fair. He now knew that the way he handled things wasn't the best. He still thinks that there should be a hierarchy but a fairer one. What the higher-ups should do should be in favor of everyone, not just the people on the higher levels. Arlo still thinks that low-tiers/mid-tiers shouldn't go around challenging high-tiers if they don't know their limits. They shouldn't cause unnecessary fights but that goes to everyone.

Back to his feelings, if he were to try to pinpoint when it started he would have to say when she called him about Seraphina having the book UnOrdinary in her possession. She might seem like someone who is just trying to suck up to people of power. But if you look past someone who respects people of power you would see someone that has a fragile soul. He doesn't know her backstory but when anyone brings the topic of 'family' to the table she would get antsy. She tries to keep things in order with the one way she was taught to; maintain the hierarchy.

If he were to try to guess why she tries so hard to keep lower-tiers below her is to keep whatever happened to her family in the back of her mind. Something must have happened for her to be so judgy of lower-tiers and to get uncomfortable with the topic of 'family.' He's observed her over the past 3 years and he now can look back at her and see past her facade she put up for only low-tiers and cripples.

It did seem random that she was absent for a week and came back..........different. Her view of low-tiers and cripples changed drastically, it wasn't just from them taking down the authorities and EMBER. Where ever she went on her week absence it changed her. If he was thinking the same way as before he would have said it was for the worse but now that his view has also changed, it was for the better.

He felt good that she trusted him to tell him things that she could have told Remi. She followed his commands because she trusted him to keep her safe. Her ability being healing isn't a physical one. She would have to depend on other people or attack when needing to, she helps out the best way she can by making sure everyone is okay. Her ability is to support others, not to combat. 

He wasn't blind, he reluctantly admits that she's beautiful. Elaine was always beautiful he just never thought too much about it. Despite wanting to always put his career first his mind would betray him and bring him back to the healer he was fond of. He only had a few months before he would graduate from Wellston, he would make the most of it by at least trying to come to terms with his feelings.

So I created this to what I think how Arlo's character development will turn out like. Also, to see his point of view of Elaine and how things have changed. Well, I'll probably make a ship one-shot next week. See you till then! 

Astraea