Chapter 23| CID

We just arrived in New York. I had us checked in at the Oculus in the Four Seasons. Despite Aya's resistance, that me booking a hotel, I still did. I want to take advantage of whatever chance we get to be together. I want her to see and feel how good life is, for her to be assured that we are happy and in love. After I brought our luggage inside the bedroom, I saw Aya staring thoughtfully at the views outside the suite's glass window. 

Looking at her from a distance, I saw my future with her. Aya, pregnant with my kids, our children happily running around. Thank heavens for giving me this woman who changed my life. I can never imagine my life without her. I love you so much, My Aya!

"Is there something wrong?" I asked her.

She shook her head. I walked toward her and wrapped my arms around her from behind. I wanted her to feel my love and protection through my warm, tight hug.

"Everything is ok. I can't help but wonder about life, my life. I never thought that I'll be back here in New York in a different light. Who would have thought that after everything that happened I'll be back here oozing with happiness with my greatest love, with you Cid?"

"I am so glad you feel happy when you are with me, My Aya! I always want to make you happy!"

I can't help the desire I felt within me. I started placing soft, small kisses on Aya's back, over her shoulder, and on her ears. She turned around and faced me. As she wrapped her arms around my neck, I slowly placed soft and passionate kisses on her neck, chin, and towards her red sweet lips. But before I can start placing intense kisses, the sound of the door for our lunch interrupted us.

"If this was my hotel, I will fire whoever is outside that door right now!" I said in frustration.

She giggled in a teasing way as she pushes me towards the main door of the suite.

"You better open that door, Mr. Waldon, because after lunch, we still have to visit my parents!"

"Of course, My Aya! But I will make sure that we share the best dessert after!" I gave her a lustful wink.

***

After lunch, we opted for a quick nap. I insisted on Aya that we showered together to save time as we got ready to drive to Brooklyn. At exactly 230 in the afternoon, our ride from the hotel was already entering the Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn. It took Aya 30 minutes to remember her parents' burial site. I can't blame her since it was already five years from the last time she visited. She placed the flowers she arranged in the flower shop we saw nearby the hotel. I asked her if she had relatives that could maintain the regular visits since there was a flower in a vase that looked like just days ago. 

"We don't have any relatives here. It was always just my parents and me, Cid."

"Maybe it's from the memorial park management," I said.

"Mom, Dad, I miss you. I am sorry it took me five years to come back. I'm so sorry!"

Aya's voice broke I pulled her towards my body and covered her with my embrace. I hugged her tighter as she cried harder. All I wanted was to assure her she was not alone, that I would be here for her always. I tried to change her mood. 

"I guess it's time for the introduction, My Aya!"

"You can't wait, Mr. Waldon! 

I felt relieved to see her giggle.

"Mom and Dad, this is Cid Waldon, your best friend Cynthia's son."

"Aya? Best friend's son, huh! That is not the introduction I am expecting."

"What a quick change, Cid! Am I not your Aya anymore?"

"Of course you are. Can you introduce me to your parents in the right way, please, My Aya?!"

"I believe my parents already know who you are to me, Cid. So, mom and Dad, meet Cid, my boyfriend, the best guy anyone could ask for!"

It overjoyed me to hear Aya's statement about me. I planted a kiss on her forehead, and we embraced each other tightly. We placed a mat beside her parents' grave n the vacant grass area. I got to ask Aya about her life after her parents died. It was noticeable that unlike before; she cried a little the whole time she was telling me the story. I learned that the family who had been their neighbors since in Brooklyn took her in when she was 10. She told me about Marc, the irresponsible bastard who broke her heart five years ago. How I would want to hurt his face if only I can see him face to face. But I'd rather that My Aya won't see him anymore. As we were giving goodbye to her parents, a red SUV parked beside our black suburban. Aya was busy picking up the dry leaves around the tombstones. She didn't notice the guy who came out of the car. I looked clueless at first as the guy walked toward us. He was already standing in front of me when the realization occurred to me. 

"Aya! It's you Aya!" said the guy as he was about to hug Aya from behind.

"Hold on, man!" I said as I pull Aya towards me and placed my hand on her waist.

"Marc?!" said a shocked Aya as she looked at the man's face.

My suspicion was correct. The man in front of us right now is the irresponsible bastard who left Aya broken. I controlled myself, as I wanted so hard to break his face. He was staring at Aya's face. He tried to step toward Aya, but I didn't give him the chance.

"Stop right there! I am telling you nicely right now, you can never touch her or even go near her." I said in a commanding voice.

"Aya, I've been waiting for you for years. Where did you go? How are you? Good thing I left instructions for the gardener to call me anytime someone comes here. I need to talk to you. I am so sorry!" said Marc.

"There is nothing for us to talk about, Marc! I only came here to visit my parents," said Aya.

Aya locked her hands with mine while she was talking to Marc. I saw Marc's eyes focusing on our hands as he listened to her. He gave me a deep glare, which I reciprocated with a brave and protective stare. If only my looks could kill. I will bet with my inheritance that this man standing and gazing at My Aya right now would have died more than a thousand times already. 

As for this irresponsible jerk, he asked Aya the questions that made him cross the thin line she kept for him.

"How is our child, Aya? Did we get a boy or a girl?" 

***