Toru ~ Ch13

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

I was a curious person. I couldn't help myself. After seeing so many new creations made in this era like the phone, tv, glass and mirror...I wanted to see more. And as grand Yuuji's room was, I wanted more. The only way to get more was to go outside.

When Yuuji walked into the room, he left the door open. After I showed Sukuna my new outfit, the door seemed to be calling my name. I knew that outside that door was basically a new world. So without hesitation, I left the room. I'm pretty sure Sukuna already knew what I was doing and where I was going so I didn't announce my departure. I just wanted to walk around freely, without having someone monitor my every move. Which is exactly what I knew Yuuji and Nobara would do if I told them that I was leaving the room

As much as I liked them, I knew that they were not only weary of me but also distrustful. All because I was Sukuna's lover. I understand why they are but it still kind of hurts.

I was currently walking down the halls and admiring the traditional style of the building. This traditional style wasn't really new to me but the small windows on the sides of the wall, were. I was following the sunlight, walking to where I hoped to find an exit into the beautiful garden at the front of the building. The windows were just teasing me, showing me a place that I didn't know how to find.

But after a few minutes of helplessly walking around, I found the grand doors that I assumed to lead outside. It took alot of power to open as they were large an heavy. After a few moments pf struggling, I managed to get one door open and that was enough for me to walk through. I let it slam behind me as I was sure that there were no sort of lock to it.

After I walked down the steps into the garden, I finally let myself take in the scenery. I gasped at the sight of nature and handmade art beautifully connecting. The sight was something truly to behold. A small river was flowing through the garden and small man-made statue that somehow poured water into it stood idly beside it. It was beautiful. I smiled brightly at the sight, giggling as two doves drank from the fresh body of water.

I continued to walk down the path, humming a soft tune as I done so. To my right there was a vast field and to my left, more buildings. I could tell we were in a mountainous area based on the aray of trees that surrounded this land. I wondered how the city would look like. Would it look similar to this or would it be more modern? I guess I would just have to wait and find out.

Other than admiring the scenery, there didn't seem as if there was much to do here but even so I still wanted to look around some more because maybe I would find something jaw-dropping.

But before I could continue my sight-seeing journey, I was halted after hearing the sound of footsteps behind me. I chuckled, already imagining who it may be.

"So you've caught up?" I asked with a smile giggle as I spun around to face my visitors. When I turned, I had expected to see Yuuji and Nobara standing behind me. I was already imagining the look of frustration grace their face after finding me. But after facing my visitor, I couldn't help but stare at them in slight shock. They stood still infront of me, staring at me with furrowed brows as if they were trying to figure me out and as if they were contemplating something. And even though I couldn't see his eyes, I knew he was staring into mine.

"Toru?" I asked in mild shock, staring at the man who looked slightly different to how he did a millennium ago. His hair was worn differently and his eyes were covered for some reason, but I knew what he hid under that piece of black material. After I called out the man's name, he looked at me in confusion. Tilting his head, he scrutinised me even more.

"Close." He said simply with slight hesitation then continued to say, "But my name is Satoru."
This time it was me who looked at him in confusion. Was he not the same Toru? He certainly looked the same. After a thousand years I wouldn't even expect him to be aliv-- Ah. I see now.