Chapter Five

"Sophie?" Keefe asked. Sophie peeked up at him. He had a crease between his eyebrows and and worried look in his eyes.

"Yeah?" Sophie rasped out.

"Do you want me to go get Elwin?" She shook her head.

 Keefe sat down next to her, leaning against the wall and stretching out his legs."Do you want to talk about it?" 

Sophie hesitated for a second before shaking her head. "No, not yet." 

Keefe nodded in understanding. They sat there for a few more minutes in silence before Keefe broke it."When the Death Angels first started attacking, I packed my stuff and came here. My dad had ditched me the day we saw one in our area and my mom left a year prior." Sophie looked down, not saying a word and started listening quietly.

"I had already know the Vackers for years. We built more protection over this house together so we could make noise. We wanted to find more people, but when we went out there they were all hiding. The place was a mess. Blood everywhere, recked cars on the streets, glass broken from stores. We didn't want to go back out so we grabbed all the supplies we could and headed back. On our way back we stumbled across this family. They were a small family. Alden was till overjoyed though. On our way back, the death angles attcked. We got seperated so we went looking for them. The next day we found them dead back where we found them."

Keefe looked at her as he finished. "We all went though some tough stuff, Foster, I just want you to know your not alone."

Sophie looked back down and nodded slightly, then smiled. "Foster? What kind of name is Foster?"

Keefe smirked, but it looked sadder then the one she saw before somehow. "Sophie's so boring, Foster has a nice ring to it."

Sophie laughed a little. "Ouch."

Keefe grinned and shrugged. He let out a long breath before pushing himself off the floor and offering her his hand which she accepted.

Sophie smiles slightly at him. "Thank you Keefe."

"Anytime Foster." Keefe returned her smile.

"Hey Keefe?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah?"

"Why were you in my room?" Sophie raised an eyebrow at him as he blushed slightly.

"I was coming to thank you, for volunteering to go get supplies at dinner. You don't have to go if you don't want to I don't want you to feel like- Keefe." Sophie interrupted his rambling.

"It's okay. I want to go, I need to do a few things out there anyway. And it doesn't look like you guys know your way around very much."

Keefe smirked. "What things do you need to take care of?"

Sophie gave a small sigh. "I need to get some stuff at my house and I need make sure of something." 

"How far away is your house? We should have seen you guys when we were searching." Keefe asked.

Sophie tried to think back to when was running. "I couldn't have run that far." She muttered.

"Why were you running?" Keefe asked. Why is everyone asking that?

"I think they were chasing me, but I couldn't have run that far..." Sophie's eyebrows creased in thought. She did run for a long time... wait. Did they follow her? What if their right outside? What if they can't leave?

"Okay, before you have a panic attack, I think you should go to bed, you don't need another visit to Elwin." Keefe joked, but there's a seriousness in his voice that made Sophie nod.