Chapter Six

As Sophie was walking up stairs to her room when she noticed Keefe following her.

"Do you need something?" She asked as she turned around with her crutches.

"I need to ask you something." Sophie waited for him to ask but he sighed and grabbed her arm and pulled her into her room.

"Hey! Keefe what the-" Keefe shoved her on her bed and shut her door. 

"What's wrong? You zoned out like all of breakfast! Is this because you don't want to go on the trip? You don't have to go! I can go- Keefe!" She cut him off even though she didn't want to, he was adorable when he ranted- what am I thinking? She thought as she shook the thought out of her head.

"I'm fine. I'll go on the trip, you can stay. It's okay." Sophie said as she laid down on her back and shut her eyes.

She heard a sigh then a weight on her bed. "Then what is it? And don't say nothing."

"It's nothing you should worry about."

"Sophie." She peeked open an eye. Huh that was weird to hear him say. 

"I'm worried about you."Her fluttered with... nerves from the question. Definitely not anything else. 

She rolled to her side away from him. "I don't want to talk about it." He sighed again and Sophie could practically feel him watching her.

"I'm not going to push you into saying anything... just when you're ready know that I'm here okay?"Sophie was pretty sure she would never be ready. He would hate her if she ever told him. She practically killed her family. But she still nodded.

"You're shaking." As soon as he pointed it out Sophie realized she was. Opening her eyes and sitting up, she sighed. 

"Come on Foster, just say whats bothering you. I just want to help you." Keefe looked at her but she refused to meet his gaze and looked up at the ceiling. "Please just tell me something... Is it something that happened out there? Is it your friends? Your family- Shut up!" Sophie couldn't take it anymore. "Just shut up okay? I. Don't. Want. To. Talk. About. It. Got it?" Sophie rolled over to her side again. She was shaking even more at this point and she could feel tears steaming down her cheeks.

She heard another sigh from him.

"I know you don't want to talk about it with me but you should really talk to someone. Maybe Elwin?"

Hmmmm tell the person who literally saves my life and can heal my so that they can hate me? No thanks. she thought.

"It's not you I just don't want to talk about it, okay? Just leave it alone." Sophie snapped, closing her eyes again. She felt guilty for snapping at him immediately but couldn't get herself to apologize.

There was a long moment of silence before she heard Keefe close her door, indicating he left. 

Sophie laid there for a long time after he left thinking of what he said. She really didn't want to talk to anyone... but maybe it would help with the guilt. Keefe told her his story so if she was going to tell anyone it would be him. But she also really didn't want him to hate her.

Sophie was still pondering on it when there was a soft knock on her door. "Um... you can come in." Sophie felt weird saying that, like it was her room. Which, technically it was but Sophie was still adjusting to it. I should have just opened the door she scolded herself.

The door opened to reveal Della. Not sure what to say, Sophie sat up and looked at her questioningly.

Della smiled at her and walked over with a bottle of water. "Elwin sent me to come get you for a check up."