sequel: chapter forty

"I'm sorry baby

"I'm sorry baby." I rubbed Brynn's back as she puked in the toilet.

"I hate you." She mutters.

I rolled my eyes, knowing damn well it's just her mood swings talking.

After she's done, I let her relax in bed. I was going to take her on a date tonight but I don't know if I should.

She has severe morning sickness and is very grumpy. I try to keep the kids away so they don't get on her bad side during the morning.

Their reaction to her pregnancy was as expected.

"So mommy and daddy have something to tell you," Brynn says sitting on the couch.

"We're getting a dog?" Bodhi asks and Sol hits him.

"No, we're getting two." She squeals and bounces in her seat.

"No." I shake my head.

Four kids and two dogs? Yeah, no thanks.

"Mommy has a bun in her oven."

"We're having bread for lunch?" Journey asks. The genius I should say.

"I—I told you we should've just been straightforward with them." Brynn jabs my side with her elbow before turning back to the kids who sit there confused.

"Mommy and daddy are having a new baby." She smiles and the kids in a split-second jump on top of both of us.

For a split second, I was scared that one of them would knee Brynn in her stomach but it was Journey who went to her first and she was less reckless.

"Are you serious?!" Sol screams with much excitement.

"Yes. 100% serious." I smiled as she jumps up and down.

"Is it a girl or a boy? What are we naming the baby? Can we name it bumblebee? Will it have green eyes or blue? Do you think it has teeth yet?" Bodhi asks excitedly.

"Babies don't have teeth when they first come out Bobo," Journey tells him. She was currently leaning onto Brynn's chest while Brynn was playing with her hair.

"You won't be jealous?" I poked Journey's nose teasing her.

"Just a little." She giggles scrunching up her face. "Can I help you change the diaper mommy?"

"Sure baby." Brynn answers.

The rest of that day we spent looking for baby names and nursery decorations.

Brynn was now four months pregnant, she hasn't shown much but her morning sickness has been terrible.

The first couple of weeks were like a nightmare. She was always light-headed and throwing up every five minutes. We went to the emergency room and they fed her through a tube since she couldn't keep food down.

It's slowly getting better but I feel bad for her.

After coming home from the hospital, Brynn was excited to see Chloe's baby. Chloe was released from the hospital the day Brynn got admitted so they couldn't see each other.

Around this time no one knew Brynn was pregnant except for the parents of course. My mom spilled before we even got the confirmation that Brynn was 100% pregnant.

"Awe my goodness, she has the cutest little nose ever." Brynn gushes over the little baby. Chloe and Dylan decided to name her Blake.

She had Chloe's blonde hair and lips while everything else was all Dylan's.

"Has she been crying a lot?" Brynn asks Chloe. The two mothers bond.

"Only at night." Dylan groans. His bags were terrible and his beard was starting to grow in.

He looks like he just turned 50 years old with the way he's looking.

Don't tell him I said that, he's probably chasing me around the block with a knife.

"Don't look at me like that! Wait until Brynn gets pregnant again and you'll be looking just like me." He says.

Right as he said that Brynn runs off to the bathroom, you can hear her puking.

Chloe winces, Dylan is in shock and I just stand up to go hold my girlfriend's hair and comfort her.

"Again?!" Dylan groans loudly followed by the scream of a baby.

"Dylan! You woke her up you dumbass!" Chloe shouts.

Let's just say Chloe gave Dylan the ass whooping of his life.

It was very entertaining to watch. I walked over to the backyard where everything was currently set up.

I wanted to take her out to a fancy restaurant but seeing how she's puking every now and then it wouldn't be a great idea so I set up a little date in our backyard.

"Are you ready?" I asked her, guiding her out into the backyard.

"Sure." She mumbles. "I hate being blindfolded."

"A couple more seconds babe." I turned her around so she would face the house. I took her blindfold off and she looked at the house confused.

"The back of my house is the surprise?" She asked furrowing her brows.

"No babe, just shut up and listen."

She gives me a look, one that she usually gives the kids when they're in trouble. "I'm sorry my beautiful queen, may you please be quiet and listen to your favorite person in the whole wide world." I smiled at her innocently.

She laughs but nods, "Brynnley Sky when I first laid eyes on your in elementary school I knew I wanted you. I was scared of rejection so I never went for it until you had to tutor me for a stupid Spanish class. Although I hated that class, it brought us together, not only that but my— our daughter did too. I know I messed up a lot and I've hurt you so much but I was stupid and I shouldn't have said the things that I did. If you would've walked out on me, I wouldn't know where I'd be right now."

She smiles, "You are one of the strongest people I've ever met in my life, you're so filled with light and joy. Every time I look at you I feel like I'm on cloud nine. Your beauty shines so brightly it blinded me ever since day one. Your beauty intensified when you treated my daughter like she was your own and I couldn't thank you enough for taking care of her. Right then and there I knew you were the one for me, nobody else could fill the spot that you've already taken. My heart is completely yours for eternity and I really hope you'll give yours too."

I turned her around and grabbed the sign.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: june 11th, 2021

I'm sure you can guess where this is going but you'll have to wait until next week for the next update. I know, I'm evil. Sue me.

I hope you guys have a great day/weekend. Please remember to stay safe, I love you! MUAH!