⚜ Chapter Thirty-Three: House ⚜

<< Did you have fun playing house? >>

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"To keep this short," [Name] said, "I'm using a different device to access certain information."

"Information?" Norman repeated. "What kind?"

"It's not exactly clear at the moment," [Name] admitted, swiping her finger against the screens. She opened folders upon folders, all of which containing either very little or no data. "I believe that Smee was to upload it here, but..."

She trailed off, but all three of the children knew what she meant. [Name] heaved a breath.

"No matter. I can work without the information," she assured, referencing her newfound ability. Vincent hummed.

"Mind explaining how?" he pressed. [Name] huffed, feeling like she was being looked down upon.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," she replied. "Besides, it will do you no good to rely on me so much. The worst possible scenario requires all of us to be independent."

"Worst possible scenario?" Vincent echoed. Norman spoke up.

"She means if our communication is cut, and if sheepdog loses her connections to the experiments," the albino explained. "Right now, Lambda has all of us under heavy security. If we lose our ability to communicate, it'll be as if our arms and legs were cut off."

"Precisely," [Name] agreed. "We have to prepare for that. It's better if you don't rely on me to do everything. Although..." she heaved a sigh. "You don't have a choice, do you?"

"As unfortunate as it is," Norman confessed, "that is our reality."

[Name] hummed, tapping the folder named "Lambda". Empty. However, as she moved to exit the folder, a sudden notification stalled her hand. A window reading "Uploading" had appeared in the corner, making the (h/c) tilt her head in confusion.

"Uploading... Uploading what?" she murmured.

"Pardon?" Norman asked. [Name] sighed at his language.

"Apologies," she said, her mind not completely in the game. "Someone's uploading into my files."

Suddenly, an explosion of files and documents commenced on her screen. [Name] took a step back as documents opened and closed, pictures appearing everywhere and anywhere. Finally, after what seemed to be hours, the uploaded data stopped, with one final picture overshadowing the rest.

A map of Lambda.

[Name] was instantly suspicious.

Who could be sending me this? Smee? No, he's dead - he has to be. William Minerva? No, that's too hopeful. Who in the world-

"Anyway, we have to figure out how to escape," Norman brought her back to reality. "The first order of business is to plan out our escape route. Then, how to deal with the staff. Finally, figure out how to live on the outside."

Wait, he can't hear my thoughts? [Name] realized, as he wasn't reacting to what she was thinking. Strange, but oddly convenient.

"Smee did say that there are three exits," Vincent recalled. [Name] blinked, not knowing this information. "A garage, an elevator, and through the vents. The vents aren't an option."

"Do we know where either the garage or elevator are located?" Norman inquired.

"No," Vincent said. "We don't know Lambda's layout at all-"