Confession

Kakashi considered lying about it.  She was pretty obvious even if she thought she was carefully hiding it.  Even if he had not come and visited her world, he would have known she was attracted to him.  He was very knowledgeable about silent body language.  Her eyes would dilate whenever he was near her, and she literally blushed continually.  Not to mention the arousal she put off like a sweet perfume.  It was like honey. He knew he had to come clean about the vision he had just before her arrival.  Keeping it to himself would only cause him problems later if she found out then and he didn't want any conflict in her.

"I was with you before you came here," he finally admitted.

Sarah blinked, not expecting that answer at all.  "You were with me?"

"I woke up in what I thought was a dream.  You were at your place of work at the time.  I did not understand that what I was seeing was actually happening.  I stayed with you, trying to understand why I was seeing what I was seeing."  He peered over at her and smiled slightly, "You drive that car a bit fast by the way and I literally thought I was going to die. How do you even think playing that music so loud?"

Sarah gaped at him then gasped, "Oh my god... I thought I heard someone that day but when I looked around, I was alone!"

He nodded at her, "I was there with you, and I went home with you, trying to figure out why I was seeing what I was seeing."

She covered her mouth as her mind went back to everything that had happened that night.  She felt her face warming as she thought about the very large portrait, she had of him over her bed and her husbando pillow that she cuddled every night.  "Oh my god..."

"I wasn't with you for very long, but I did notice... You had a little bit of a thing for me."

Sarah was mortified and covered her face with her hand.  It would not have mattered even if she was a master of hiding her feelings, he already knew.  That also explained the strange expression he had on his face when he first saw her.  He had recognized her from his journey to her world.  So, she had not been crazy, she had heard him that night.  It warmed her heart when she recalled what he had said to her; however, she was horrified that he had seen just how much of an obsession she had for him.

"It's rather flattering actually," he said next to her further mortification.

She looked at him through her fingers and groaned, "Oh god....  I should smack you for teasing me knowing all this, Kakashi Hatake.  You're terrible!"

He laughed, "I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself.  I don't get too many opportunities like that, and I was having a bit of fun at your expense.  Like I said, I love watching you get all flustered and turning red all over.  It's adorable, actually."

"Can I just sink into the floor and disappear now?" she moaned.

Kakashi grinned at her, his eyes narrowing in that delightful way that made her insides turn to mush.  He leaned towards her, "I was serious when I said I was flattered.  You are very attractive, Sarah, and I was being serious when I said you smelled nice."

Sarah groaned and flopped over, hiding her face in the couch.  "I'm too old for this.  I feel like a teenager that just got outed and rejected.  Let me die with some dignity and turn those gorgeous eyes of yours away from me."

He laughed, feeling his face warm at the compliment, before leaning forward to pat her on the back.  She was just adorable all the way around he decided.  "Come on, it's not that bad.  You did your best to try to hide it.  You can't help that you're a very expressive person.  It takes Shinobi years to master masking their emotions and thoughts.  After all that, everyone has tells of some kind.  You can't fully breed it out no matter what your training.  Even if I had not gone there, I would have figured it out rather quickly.  It has been my life study to observe silent signals and you have many silent signals."