꧁61꧂

Leta had gone to Slughorn and explained that Regulus was ill and unable to go to class but it wasn't serious enough to take up Madam Pomfrey's time. Thanks to Regulus suck-up ways, he allowed the two to not go to class and instead stay in and hope Regulus got better from his illness'.

"I'm so glad you're such a teacher pet because Slughorn allowed us to skip classes." She loudly announced with a smile and arms in the air when she entered her room. This made Regulus chuckle which made Leta smile warmly, looking at his tear stained cheeks.

"Here." She said, pulling a blanket over him as he began to shiver. It was getting colder so it was understandable, plus the common room was in the dungeons. "I'll go make you some soup." She then leaned down to kiss his forehead but when she walked away, he held onto her arm.

"I don't need soup Leta. I need someone to talk to, please." Leta tutted quietly as she tilted her in sympathy for the boy. She then nodded and he lifted up the blanket for her to slip under.

"Regulus, what happened?" He sighed loudly as he wrapped his arm around Leta. "Leta, I don't know. My parents glorified it and I fell into their trap." Leta couldn't help but watch in his eyes as they watered up as he avoided eye intact with heron an attempt to stop crying.

But it didn't work and he allowed the tears to steam from his face, wiping his cheeks with the blanket. "Regulus, I'm here for you whenever you need me." Leta said as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"What happened with you and Potter? I haven't seen you together." Regulus asked, the constant flow of tears slowing down and allowing him to sniff up. "We broke up." She had patting on his arm to indicate for him to move it.

She sat up and pulled a piece of parchment out of a drawer beside her bed, scanning to page one last time before handing it to the curious boy. "Leta, you need to burn this. It isn't good for you to keep this if you want to get over him." Regulus advised, handing it back to her.

"I get that I should get rid of it but burning a little dramatic." She said, folding up the page. "It's a family trait, what can I say." He shrugged with a smile which made Leta smile back.

"You are doing it now." He ordered as she tried to sneak it back into the drawer. She then reluctantly handed it to her. "Fine but not in here, I don't want to set off another fire." The two students chuckled as they got out from under the blanket and left the common room for the Great Lake.

                                        ༒
It was September so the leaves were becoming different shades of reds and yellows, the air was so cold that you could see your own breath.

The two students got to the lake and Regulus sat under the tree with his arms around his legs which were pulled up to his chest. Reluctantly, she held out the tear stained letter with a straight arm and pointed her wand at it.

"Incendio." She spoke loud and clearly, watching as the parchment combusted in her hands. She followed small pieces of the paper which floated away with her eyes.

                                         ༒
James had chosen to take a quick walk before his first class started because he had 1st period free. He walked ,with his hands in his pockets, to the lake around the castle.

When he got closer, he recognised the outlines of Regulus and Leta by the water edge. He continued to walk towards them, finally being able to inspect the paper she was burning.

It wasn't until she turned over to parchment that he realised it was his break-up letter to her. He let out a small sigh before walking back. Regulus had watched James walk off but chose not to say anything to Leta because the point of burning the letter was to get over him which she definitely wasn't.

                                       ༒
Regulus and Leta were back in the Slytherin common room where they had gone back into
Leta's bed, a blanket over their legs but also over their shoulders.

"Regulus, promise me you will tell me next time something happens." Leta whispered, putting her pinky out. "I promise." He replied, wrapping his pinky around hers and kissing her temple.

                                    ༒
Leta sat in her usual dark, cold corner of the library to study as it was her last year and she was determined to get high scores on her N.E.W.Ts. She was still unsure what she wanted to be but she knew whatever it was, it needed high grades.

She was surrounded by piles of books when a figure showed up and sat on the chair opposite her. "Yes," She said, not looking up and still flicking through dusty books. "Yes actually." She looked up to as Remus who she welcomed with a warm smile.

"I was wondering if you wanted to meet up tonight to catch up you know." He said, peering at the books she was studying from. "I don't think that is a good idea with Lily and that." He shook his head in disagreement.

"We can sneak you into our room, you bring whoever you want." She looked around in thought for a moment, contemplating but she thought if Remus was there, it couldn't go wrong. So she agreed. "I'll meet you outside the common room."