♠ 27

"I can't even think in my dreams living without you.. Please stay with me forever.."

Manik is in the court discussing about the problems faced by the people of the kingdom and some welfare policies

After the court discussion was over, Manav approached Manik. "Bhai sa..."

"Hmm say.." Manik said.

"Why did you that with bhabhi? I heard everything.." Manav said.

"Manav, it's not good to hear anyone's talks" Manik said and starts leaving when Manav blocked his way.

"Bhai sa, you know bhabhi right? She is like that only, she can't see anyone in pain.. maybe it's her enemy also and then too.. you said all that to her" Manav said.

Manik makes Manav sit. "I know how much favorite Nandini is yours but I did that on purpose.."

"What do you mean by it?" Manav asked confused.

"I said all these words to her on purpose.. I know she'll get hurt but it was important" Manik said.

"Why?" Manav asked.

Manik takes a deep breath. "See Manav, as I already told you, her father wants her to be the ruler of Meerut and she was trained in it since very young.. She's good at war skills, intelligent, brave but there are few things she needs to change it.. A ruler should know to fight for her fears too.. Manav, I want to make Nandini ready like a ruler as her father's last wish. I will help her coming out of her fears and will teach her all important skills. And about what I said to her today is related to that only.."

"How?" Manav asked.

"A ruler while doing justice have to forgot all his relations and emotions. And Nandini is so much attached to it. She can't see Iravati getting punished because she's attached to her somehow but if she was a ruler, she must keep these aside to do a perfect justice.. Sometimes it's important to talk to her like that, so that she too thinks what's wrong that I yelled at her.. And don't worry we will sort it out" Manik said with a smile. "I won't trouble your favourite bhabhi anymore.. It's just for her benefit only"

Manav smiles at him and leaves. Manik too leaves for some other work. He moves to his room to get some important papers. On entering his room, he saw Nandini reading a book which he gifted her yesterday.

Manik then collects his things and is leaving when Nandini called him. "Manik.."

Manik turned to her.

"Sorry..." Nandini said lowering her head. Manik moves to her and sits besides her.

"Nandini, I don't like shouting on you.. But sometimes it's necessary to make you understand. I know you can't see her in pain no matter how much pain she has given to you.. But Nandini sometimes forgiving is not good.. If you will just leave her like that today, then she will keep troubling you and I don't want that..." Manik said softly.