CH 46- My Broken Soul

Nathan POV-

*Friday, 10:38*

I grip onto the steering wheel tightly and press my foot harder on the gas pedal. Not caring about the laws, I continue my fast speed towards Dorian's house. Tank, Jingles, and I are all in my black truck, each with our own, only slightly illegal handgun. I mean, come on, this is Texas. 

Looking at the men briefly, before turning my attention back to the road, I feel confident in our abilities. 

Wondering where the others are? Well, despite objections, we left Candace, Wyatt, Mouse, and the twins at my house. 

___________________

*Flashback to earlier*

"Move out of my way, Nate. I'm coming." Wyatt says stubbornly and tries to push his way out the front door for the 5th time. I block his path and push him back towards the living room again. 

"Wyatt! We don't have time for this. Lainey is in trouble and I'll be damned if any of you get hurt too. You are staying here." I reply in my most stern voice, hiding the terror when I think of my sweet Angel. 

"But..." He starts, but I just hold up my hand.

"Wy, please. You can barely walk because of the game. If you come, I'll have to worry about keeping you safe and that means I can't put all my attention into helping Lainey." I say in a softer tone. 

He seems to understand my thinking, because he goes back to sit in the living room, holding a crying Dylan in his arms. I see Candace in a similar position with Katie, both of them also crying. Turning my back to them, I face the small circle the boys and I have made. 

"Ok. Mouse, you stay here with them. I don't think he will, but I want them protected incase Dorian shows up here. I know you want to kill this fucker as much as we do, but I have to think logistically here. Tank and Jingles are bigger, they can help me protect Lainey." I say, to which he nods his head.  

"No need to explain, brother.  I've got my sister and the kids, you just go get our girl back." He replies and then walks to join the others in the living room. 

I look at Jingles and Tank, both with murderous glares on their faces.

"Let's go kill the devil, and save an angel." I say before we all walk out and pile into my truck.

_________________________

Snapping out of my thoughts, I take what feels like the 100th look at my digital clock on the stereo. 10:39. Shit! She's been with that bastard for over 20 minutes. 

A lot can happen in 20 minutes. 

"Relax, bro. We're going to get to her on time." Jingles says from the backseat after I look at the clock again, a few seconds later. 

"And what if we don't? What if we're too late, Keith?" I ask, not bothering to hide my complete terror or sorrow. 

"We won't be." He says confidently before the cab is once again filled with silence. 

"Turn here." Tank interrupts the silence, relaying the directions to the address Wyatt gave us. 

Ya, I've been to the house, but I didn't want to risk taking a wrong turn and google maps found us a shortcut, hence Tank's navigating. 

"How much we got left?" I ask anxiously, putting on my signal and making the sharp right turn. 

"Just a couple more turns. Arrival time says 10:40." Tank replies. I only nod my head and continue following his directions.