Chapter 12: Hyrule Ridge

"Welcome Back!" Tarin and Marin greeted Link as he returned to Mabe Village

"Hello" Link said

Marin left to feed some Cuccos, and Link thought he saw Tarin eat a mushroom and turn into a raccoon as he left.

Link and Zelda got on Epona

"She's always up to letting new people ride on her" Link explained "She's the best horse a person could ever have"

Epona neighed, and rode out of Mabe Village at Link's command.

Link and Zelda rode west through Hyrule Field, past the Sacred Ground and the Royal Ancient Lab, and came to Mount Daphnes, a mountain named for a king a century or two ago who had united Hyrule after the civil war

"Interesting" Zelda said as they rode past a pond at Mount Daphnes which contained a bridge leading to an ancient tree stump, where powerful Moblins and Bokoblins were camped, with Lizalfos swimming in the water.

"I'd love to look around" Link said as they rode past it "But I'm not feeling like messing with that many monsters right now"

"I know" Zelda sighed "You've been through a lot in the past week"

"Past week" Link repeated "It's already been a week since the raid on Ordon. Man, I miss Aryll"

"You have me!" Navi reminded

"I know" Link said "And there's also Zelda, who's a cool friend"

"Hey!" Navi said "Just cause I'm a fairy doesn't mean I can't be your friend!"

"Who are you talking to Link?" Zelda asked

"Nobody" Link replied

"Okay...."

The group crossed the Regencia River into the Ridgeland Province, and Hyrule Ridge.

"Look at that beautiful sculpture!" Zelda pointed at a statue of a horse, that was surrounded by stairs and known as Sanidin Park.

"I know" Link agreed "It looks like the kind of place to make memories"

"Shall we stop there for lunch?" Zelda asked

"Sure!" Link replied

Link got Epona to stop right at Sanidin Park, and Link took out a nearby animal, so he and Zelda were able to have their meal

"I only eat vegetables" Zelda told Link "Impa raise me that way. She says she doesn't like the blood of the dead"

"Okay..." Link replied, putting Zelda's Seared Steak into a bag for later.

Link ate his meat and apples while Zelda snacked on some Simmered Fruit she prepared.

They ate in front of the Horse Statue, and soon left Sanidin Park, riding Epona past Satori Mountain, where a glowing blue light was visible during the night.

During the night they headed past Satori Mountain and went south through the Seres Scablands, where strange shaped trees lined the rocky grasslands of Hyrule Ridge.

They arrived at a 'tree' if that's what you could call it, and on top they came to a Rito who was playing an accordion.

"Why are you living way out here?" Link asked the Rito, acknowledging the hut this Rito was living in was way out from Rito Village.

"I am Kass" the Rito said "An Accordion player who travels Hyrule, telling ancient tales through songs passed down for generations, and taught to me by my teacher before he passed away"

"Okay" Link said

"Do you mind if a play a song about an ancient tale for you?" Kass asked

"Nope" Link said "You can play a song"