fifteen

15. The Dinner Party

"Damon, why are we at the lakehouse?" Aria asked, looking at the Gilbert lakehouse infront of her in confusion.

Damon stood behind Aria and back hugged her, "With Rose's death, the werewolf attacking you, and all the stuff with Kol and Klaus, I thought you and me deserved a romantic getaway".

"But aren't Stefan and Elena here?" Aria asked.

"Nope" Damon replied, "Turns out the werewolfs didn't just attack us yesterday, they also attacked Stefan and Elena, they wanted the doppelganger, after Stefan saved Elena they decided they didn't want to stay here, so they are back home, while we are here".

"Is it a good idea?" Aria asked, slightly unsure, "I mean with everything thats been going on, should we even be here?".

Damon didn't say anything, he just picked Aria up in his arms, "Damon!" Aria yelled, shocked with his actions.

Damon laughed at Aria's shocked face, "This is exactly where we are supposed to be, I just want two very romantic days with my lovely girlfriend, is that too much to ask for?".

Aria smiled at Damon's words, "No, it's not".

If Damon was to be completely honest, he brought Aria to the lakehouse not only to give her the best two days of her life, but also to make sure she doesn't get hurt anymore, in the past few days, Aria had suffered a lot, and Damon didn't want her to suffer anymore.

After Elijah and Damon's talk last night, both the males decided it was best to take Aria away from Mystic Falls for a few days, Damon hadn't told Aria about his and Elijah's new friendship, because then he would have to tell her how both of them are going to let Elena die, knowing all to well Aria will oppose to it and will try saving Elena on the cost of her life, something Damon or Elijah didn't agree with. Which is why, Damon and Aria were at the lakehouse, while Elijah and Caroline, who Damon told everything to, were back in Mystic Falls, trying to figure out what to do next.

***

"When someone doesn't answer your first five calls, you should really take a hint and realise they don't want to talk to you Stefan" Damon said into the phone.

While Aria was in the shower, Damon decided to go out on to the docks and talk to Stefan who has been calling him since the morning.

"Did you know?" Stefan asked, getting straight to the point.

"Did I know what?" Damon asked confused.

"Did you know that Elijah was planning to sacrifice Elena this whole time?" Stefan asked.

Damon sighed, "How did you find out?".

"Bonnie did a hypothesis spell on Luka, who spilled how Elijah is planning to sacrifice Elena but save Aria" Stefan informed.

"I told you before Stefan, I'm not going to let history repeat itself, I told you I will gladly let Elena die if it meant Aria was safe" Damon said, showing no remorse in siding with Elijah and not his brother.

"Yeah and have you thought how Aria will feel?" Stefan asked, "How will she feel when she realises you killed her best friend just to save her? She will you hate you Damon".